Rugby 2011 Rugby World Cup

At least 2 questions that England need to answer as a result of that god awful match against Scotland:

1) How can England be 4 games into a world cup and Martin Johnson still not know who is best 15 are?

And

2) How do Mike Tindall and Matt Stevens even get in the starting 15?

At least 2 questions that England need to answer as a result of that god awful match against Scotland:

1) How can England be 4 games into a world cup and Martin Johnson still not know who is best 15 are?

I think he knows, but he's wrong!

And

2) How do Mike Tindall and Matt Stevens even get in the starting 15?

Tindall: "experience" (played in 2003 final, despite Mike Catt getting us there...)
Stevens: :unsure:

Interesting that Wilkinson keeps playing at 10, no?

I'd keep Wilkinson at 10 but drop Tindall and put Flood in his place. That gives England a left foot, right foot kicking option, more attacking centres with Tuilagi able to go forward and cover at the back there are so many more options. That's way better than the Tindall experience which consists of Tackle, Penalty, Tackle, Penatly, Knock on, Drop the ball, Turnover, Tackle, Penalty.

I'd keep Wilkinson at 10 but drop Tindall and put Flood in his place. That gives England a left foot, right foot kicking option, more attacking centres with Tuilagi able to go forward and cover at the back there are so many more options. That's way better than the Tindall experience which consists of Tackle, Penalty, Tackle, Penatly, Knock on, Drop the ball, Turnover, Tackle, Penalty.

True, could work.

The thought process is a little wrong at the minute though:

1. The maul is moving forward at a pace. The backs are lining up against an opposition going backward and under pressure. You are getting quick ball. Do you:

(a) Give the backs a run
(b) Continue driving the ball towards the goal line
(c) Attempt a drop goal anyway

2. You get a kick on the halfway line, outside your kicker's range and after he'd missed a kick closer in. Do you:

(a) Tap and run
(b) Go for the corner and drive the maul
(c) Kick at goal and come up short

3. You have given away a penalty. Do you:

(a) Hope to win the ball back soon so you can have a run
(b) Be a bit more clever in the ruck
(c) Give another one away as soon as possible, preferably twenty yards closer to goal

If you said (c) for any of the three, congratulations. You can play for England!

Have to say both Scotland and England were pretty dire today, i have got this horrible feeling (as a Welshman) that England are going to get to the final. They are playing a brand of rugby that is not very pretty but it is effective and that is what it is all about if you want to win the world cup.

Just have seen that Dan Carter is out of the World Cup, that has probably made all the teams left in the competition very happy, and the New Zealanders feeling a little bit nervous now.

Just have seen that Dan Carter is out of the World Cup, that has probably made all the teams left in the competition very happy, and the New Zealanders feeling a little bit nervous now.

And also Frans Steyn, so no 60 meter place kicks for the Boks.

I have got this horrible feeling (as a Welshman) that England are going to get to the final. They are playing a brand of rugby that is not very pretty but it is effective and that is what it is all about if you want to win the world cup.

It is, and that would explain the successes of England and the Boks! I don't know, I got a horrible feeling that France's good performance is due...

One of those weekends when you just hate the F1 calendar!

Ireland v Wales (THE game of the weekend :p) starts at the same time as Qualifying >:(....
.... national pride comes first; so F1 gets a watch on thingy box straight after, if I'm not too suicidal/euphoric :o

Now Scotland is out (what a shock) I will be mostly supporting this weekend..........

Ireland (though I would be perfectly happy if the welsh went through except I have none of them in my fantasy rugby team)
France (Sorry englishers still a bit grumpy they put the scots out :disappointed:)
South Africa
New Zealand

Screen Shot 2011-10-06 at 16.26.11.png

One of those weekends when you just hate the F1 calendar!

Ireland v Wales (THE game of the weekend :p) starts at the same time as Qualifying >:(....
.... national pride comes first; so F1 gets a watch on thingy box straight after, if I'm not too suicidal/euphoric :o
If ITV still had f1, what would they have on?

Come on England!

Rugby World Cup Quarter Finals 2011 - Teabagyokel's Unlikely predictions

1. IRELAND
I think they have that little bit more ability than Wales, but it will be extremely tight.
2. ENGLAND
England are experts at imploding ever-so-sligtly less than their opponents. France, meanwhile, are simply imploding.
3. SOUTH AFRICA
They just have that mix of nastiness and more nastiness to defeat an injury-hit Wallaby side.
4. NEW ZEALAND
They can keep the cough-sweets on hold until the semi-final at least!

That Martin Johnson pre-match speach in full.

Right, you know you want this less than the French, so forwards let them run all over you and backs I don't want to see any accurate passing, I want random throws, hi and low but never to hand, make sure all of you bottle it in the tackle and lose as many lineouts as possible. Now go out there, look nervous and throw it away..........

England followed it to the letter.

Back
Top Bottom