Rugby 2019 Rugby World Cup

I don’t see how they can just cancel a match in a world championship. The match has to be postponed and rearranged. Or, maybe it should have been rearranged for this weekend, like move it to another area .
It’s not rocket science. An imbugerance, but not impossible.

It's a bit shit on all the teams and fans concerned. England France may not have had an effect on the group but its one less of a bruising encounter for both sets of players.

Yes, there is every single likelihood that Italy would have had their ass handed to them on a plate by the All Black's however, there could have been that one chance one day when it went another way. No one would have said Japan could have beaten South Africa at the last World Cup for example.

If this was England at risk of going out I would be peeved so I can understand what any nation is thinking.

The problem with moving games, if for example Scotland Japan was moved to Monday, Italy would complain. Those nations that have already had to play all their games would rightly also feel disadvantaged.

The trouble is, you can't do anything about the weather. The Rugby World Cup has always been played at this time.

I really want to see Scotland V Japan go ahead as its set up to be a great game.

Could be worse. Scotland can at least enjoy the fact that they have ensured the only host nation of a world cup not to proceed beyond the group stage is England. Every cloud and all that.

🤣

Can't see how Gregor Townsend can remain in charge. Its been a painful period for Scottish Rugby. Time for a new broom and a complete shake up.

Back
Top Bottom