Poll 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Out of ten

How did you rate the Baku race out of ten?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 6.9%

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 12 41.4%

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Brilliant race lots of controversy. Can't beleive Seb didn't get black flagged and a race ban for ramming another driver. Unreal. Most eventful race for years.

Dan 10th to a win
4 was it? Safety cars
Bottas last to 2nd.
Pass for 2nd place 10 meters from the line
Collision between championship leaders
STROLL 3RD
A RED FLAG

If you are looking for more you are mental.

10/10

Last edited:
9 out of 10.
Too many incidents causing too many SC periods plus a red flag.

The track has to be removed from the calendar and replaced by Turkey or India.

9 because I'm mean. It would have been 10 if Stroll had hung onto 2 . But it was highly entertaining.

10. A few bits I wasn't happy with but amongst the chaos was some really, really good racing.

I was on my feet a number of times during the race. There was so much action and craziness, I enjoyed it a lot. I wish Lewis didn't have to make that unscheduled stop, though. I like Vettel but his behavior was terrible and I'm thrilled for Stroll and to see a Canadian flag on the podium. 9/10

Formula One seems to, most often, now veer between two options:
1 - Chaos at high speed, akin to the worst bits of a Fast'n'Furious chase scene
2 - Follow the leader, with more chance of an overtake than Trump to pay his taxes

Still, I've always enjoyed Banger Racing - so worth a 7?

Unexpected winner,
A bust up at the front between the two championship rivals.
Teammates crashing into each other,
Plenty of safety cars
And a Max verstappen retirement.

You know every story needs a good villain and today Vettel certainly came out as the main villain. I thought Ferrari conspiracy was a thing of the past but not so after today's ridiculous decision by the stewards.

Pity they don't insurance claims in F1 :whistle:to attribute fault

It reminded me of the classic street races of yore: could easily have been Arnoux-era Detroit GP or something. Totally topsy-turvy order, amateur hour driving and bags of controversy. 9

What a crap circuit, not fit to have a soapbox derby. It was only some brilliant driving from top drivers that the accidents and near misses were not worse. And drs on a straight that long shows how false racing is nowadays. Getting a tow is part of the skill of racing, drs is just giving a driver a bonus for being behind.

I've been in Germany for the last few days, but managed to avoid the result and watched the race last night. Brilliant to watch from start to finish. I gave it a 9 to leave a da space, although I doubt it will be topped this year for drama.

9. brilliant race so much drama i knew baku gave good racing because you dont get 4 good races in both years of f2 by a fluke

reason for 9 before i give anything a 10. i think was it on a par with spa 98 Japan 05 brazil 08 canada 11 or brazil 12. if not then i cant give it a 10

Back
Top Bottom