Things ... 2015 - 2016 Silly Season. The Drivers Market.

It would be a shame for better talent to get looked over in favor of money. However, I'd rather see Manor run with a lower tear driver than not be able to run at all due to lack of funds.

I'm afraid that is F1 nowadays for the teams at the back need the cash more with the stupid engine costs and the dispersion of tv being so much in favour of the big teams

This is capitalism

But Ryo actually has driven for Manor in the past so has close relations with the team and like Jolyon Palmer I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt given apart from his rookie season his teammate was Max Chilton who actually won a few races. He's driven a few lemons in between and this season until a bad slump of form towards the end of the season he was amongst the top 3 runners

Last edited:
Haryanto is a very frustrating driver. On occasions he is really quick and a great overtaker. More often than not though he goes missing. He has spent a long time in GP2 and has gradually improved every year so I guess that something.

He did put Alexander Rossi in the shade when they were team mates at Caterham though. So much so that the Caterham mechanics gave Rossi the nickname 'Rio 2' (after the movie). As you can imagine Rossi was not best chuffed.

Last edited:
Haryanto's bid to land Manor F1 seat backed by Infrijnsn government

15 Million Euro's is lots. Sounds like he might get that seat, despite better talent being available.

4th in GP2 last year and no better than 14th the 4 previous years. Hmm.

It would be a shame for better talent to get looked over in favor of money. However, I'd rather see Manor run with a lower tear driver than not be able to run at all due to lack of funds.

True but thats modern formula 1 in a nutshell thats sad that the its now the size of your wallet that matters not the size of your talent just look at vandoorne, frijns bird leimer valsecchi calado etc

I can't see the last Manor seat going anywhere but Alex Rossi after the American sponsorship that came in at the end of last year.

I hope stevens gets the drive because he does deserve it after the tough year he had last season but sentimentality has no part unfortunately as we all knew

Rossi jumped in the car with no testing two-thirds of the way through the season and proceeded to make Stevens look rubbish. Stevens shouldn't have got near a seat in the first place, but there is no reasonable way you can say he deserves another season in place of Rossi.

I think Alexander Rossi will get the seat if its true that they were looking for US investors into the team.

Greenlantern101

Haryanto he was actually in the mix for the title before a slump 2nd half meant he faded to 4th. Before that he drove for some teams that no one would win with

Haryanto is a very frustrating driver to watch. He'll pump in 3 fastest laps in a row then suddenly drop 2 seconds off the pace for no reason anyone can gather at all. Either that or he'll be absolutely nowhere for thevfirst half of the race then come back through the pack with pace you can't believe he's found.

Sure I've said this somewhere before but he handed Rossi a spanking when they were team mates in GP2. Rossi's mechanics nicknamed him "Rio 2" after the movie because he was always after him in the timings. Rossi hated it.

screenshot.124.jpg

Silly season is over for another year :( here is the complete line up now all confirmed.

Mercedes - Lewis & Nico
Ferrari - Seb and Kimi
Red bull - Dan & Dan
Torro Rosso - Carlos & Max
Williams - Bottas & Massa
McLaren - Jenson & Alonso
Force India - Perez & Hulk
Lotus - Magnussen & Palmer
Sauber - Ericsson & Nasr
Manor - Wehrlein & Haryanto
Haas - Romain & Gutierrez

2016-2017 silly season should be starting sometime around June. LOL
I feel a bit sorry for Rossi he looked promising.

Not exactly a silly season this year. No change in 7 teams. One driver ran ouf of cash, two drivers came with the engines and one came with more cash than the previous guys. A boring silly season if ever there was one.

Back
Top Bottom