Things ... 2015 - 2016 Silly Season. The Drivers Market.

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Is it just me or does this now seem to start earlier every year. Jensons future on the cards today, link, and now Sauber break with current form and confirm their line up super early by keeping Nasr and Ericsson. link. There has already been speculation about Bottas heading to Ferrari...so..

I guess we need a silly season thread as the musical chairs is about to get under way.

My two pence worth:

Mercedes - no change
Force India - both places up for grabs
Ferrari - Kimi out
Williams - Massa to stay
Red Bull - Ricciardo and Verstappen
Toro Rosso - Sainz and someone else
McLaren - Magnusson and Vandoorne
Lotus - no change although they will become Renault again
Manor - who knows
Sauber - we know already

I just can't see either of the current drivers hanging around. Jenson looks to be off to Williams and why would Fernando want another season trailing round at the back?

Alonso's made his bed and he's going to have to live by it unless he suddenly pays off his Mclaren contract to get a drive elsewhere which I can't see unless Williams suddenly get an injection of cash to buy him

my punt

Mercedes - No change
Ferrari - Vettel and Bottas - Kimi out
Williams - Massa and Button
Red Bull - Ricciardo and Kyvat
Lotus - no change
Force India - Perez and Palmer
Sauber - Nasr and Ericsson

Manor - does it really matter
Toro Rosso - Sainz and Verstappen

Mclaren - Alonso and Magnussen

Haas - A Rossi and Hulkenberg

Actually, as Bianchi proved, to Manor, it does matter who drives for them. Something that Caterham clearly forgot.

Button to Williams would be intriguing as it could offer another yardstick to try to measure Button/Alonso/Massa/Hamilton/Kimi etc.

Kimi out ; too many mistakes and seems to have lost the desire. Bottas in to replace him but personally I am not sure he's the man for the job; he too seems to have faded just when his desire to shine should be greatest. Hulkenberg off to WEC.

I hope Manor get a good engine/chassis for 2015 as what they have managed this year with only the leftovers from 2014 is amazing - I think Will Stevens deserves another year.

Mercedes - Hamilton and Rosberg
Ferrari - Vettel and Bottas
Williams - Massa and Button
Red Bull - Ricciardo and Kyvat
Lotus / Renault - Maldonado (as long as the sponsors keep paying) and Grosjean
Force India - Perez and ????
Sauber - Nasr and Ericsson
Manor - Stevens and ?????
Toro Rosso - Sainz and Verstappen
Mclaren - Alonso and Magnussen
Haas - A Rossi and poss a female driver for PR purposes? Or am I being too cynical?

I don't which faction within Ferrari is it but they supposedly highly rate Hulkenberg

A timely reminder by Ricciardo today in qualifying 4th alongside Vettel a chance for the two of them to race head to head

Kimi done better today but he need to be consistent every weekend to justify his salary

I don't Haas will pick two rookies for their first season in F1 so they will pick an experienced driver of proven quality although there maybe pressure from Ferrari's Mexican sponsors to raise Gutierrez who could be loaned to Haas

Anyone remember the last time a team had a "test off" between drivers to help figure out who would get the job?

To my best recollection Brawn had a "drive off" for the second seat in their car. Ant Davidson had a try out in the car and did pretty good.

Westy I remember Honda were trying out Di Grassi and Bruno Senna as it appears the team wanted a Brazilian driver - ideally Bruno Senna then everything was called off as Honda announced they were quitting and that was it

I think drive offs occur now pretty much if the 3rd driver is allowed to do practice sessions against the regulars these days

Kvyat isn't going anywhere unless Red Bull really are stupid.

And Haas isn't desperate enough to go for a female driver given the current crop of them. Logic says they'll have Gutierrez and Rossi but those two absolutely despise each other. But I'm willing to bet money on one of them being in a Haas next year. Which one, I have no idea. And who will race besides them? Even better question. How much does IndyCar do for you with the new super license system? Will Buxton thinks Haas should try to steal away Josef Newgarden, who is having a great season.

Sauber has confirmed Nasr and Ericsson, but what other drivers will they promise a race seat to?

Has Forza Rossa officially given up? Or are they just going to show up in Australia to everybody to find out everybody forgot about them, including the FIA.

How much does IndyCar do for you with the new super license system? Will Buxton thinks Haas should try to steal away Josef Newgarden, who is having a great season.

Win it, and you have enough points for the Super License. It's almost the same as GP2, only you only get 30 points for 2nd. You're eligible to transfer to F1 if you finish in the top 4 in Indy Car though. FIA Super Licence - Wikipedia As it stands, he won't qualify for super license on points alone, he'd need to finish 4th or higher to get a shot at it.

Back
Top Bottom