2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics

...on a McLaren designed sleigh...

"This success in the recreational activity extravaganza for low calefaction competitive merriment for the concurrent Olympiad reflects beneficially upon the McLaren limited company, and foreshadows the supremecy of the Racing Concern in the locality of the arena of the aforementioned festival," announced CEO Ron Dennis.

Apologies Road of Bones

Anyway, great stuff, the women's skeleton being the GB Winter Olympic strong suit, 4 of 6 medals this century so far.

Patrick Chan wins silver in figure skating :2nd:

... I was expecting this was the Olympics the "curse" was going to end but ... silver is great.

Yuzuru Hanyu wins gold. Ironically the Japanese lives and trains in Toronto ...

Well done Lizzie!

Not often you see an Olympic gold passed from one Brit to another & Amy was properly thrilled for her. Barely a dry eye in our house.
I'm going to enjoy re-watching the speed & exhilaration of something McLaren designed beating the rest of the field...possibly the last time this year though we can but hope.
Anyway after yesterday's disappointment (felt so much for Elise) let's hope this spurs on more medals :1st:

Brilliant race from Elise Christie to go through to the 1000m speed skating quarter finals on Friday.
She came from 4th with 4 laps to go and finished half a lap ahead of the others. Totally smashed it.

Nice to see her smiling after being disqualified in her last 2 events and receiving threats on social media from the Koreans.

Good luck for Friday Elise.

Last edited:
Our men's curling team are in the final... so a guaranteed medal then. And the women's team are in the bronze medal match.

I think you're right Jen, or at least they were all born in Scotland.
Can we gain a bronze medal today??? We'll be cheering them on in our house.
I just hope our girls have the last stone, in both matches yesterday that was incredibly important.

Have we any others chances of medals left?
Some of the judging in this games has left me perplexed... Elise gets DQ for missing the line by 1cm after moving over to avoid her competitor yet in the parallel slalom yesterday the guy misses the last two gates & still gets silver...??!??
No wonder she nearly got a flight home, the judging is as consistant as F1!
If she can skate like she did in the 1k heat we've hope for glory yet. C'mon lass go for it!!

What a day! First we got Gold in Curling thanks to Jennifer Jones and team and then Team Canada comes back from behind and beat US for Hockey Gold. Way to go girls!

Back
Top Bottom