Pre-Season 2013 Season

So 5 World champs each driving one of the different top five cars next year then. A marketing dream. When was last time that happened?

Unless Mercedes can make drastic improvements to next year's car, Hamilton moving to Mercedes will diminish the excitement and fans will lose out (although I'm sure some will be pleased that Hamilton is no longer a thread to their preferred driver).

There will be one less top driver fighting for pole positions and wins.

Considering nothing but Hamilton's luck over the past few years, I am 99% certain that either Button or Perez will win the 2013 WDC and McLaren will win the WCC by a country mile. Probably a bit late now, but I reckon you could have got amazing odds on Perez winning the 2013 WDC in the last couple of days, and now it's a distinct possibility...

So is Schumacher heading to Sauber? If so I think he will have missed out on his chance of a come back win unless he gets a miracle in the next races.

So, where are we vis-á-vis 2013?

CTA.png

It may well be that Alguesuari is going to finish up disappointed. Last week on the BBC he seemed quite convinced that he had a definite drive for next season.

If Ferrari drop Massa (personally I think it's looking less and less likely) then the 2013 grid will end up looking very different indeed.

The FIA have released an updated version of the calendar - no major changes apart from date changes to make the season more evenly spaced. The main changes are the movement of the Belgian race forward by one week so the summer break is less than a month and the German and Hungarian races are no longer back-to-back.

17/03 Grand Prix of Australia
24/03 Grand Prix of Malaysia
14/04 Grand Prix of China
21/04 Grand Prix of Bahrain
12/05 Grand Prix of Spain (Barcelona)
26/05 Grand Prix of Monaco
09/06 Grand Prix of Canada
16/06 Grand Prix of Jersey (New York) *
30/06 Grand Prix of Great Britain
14/07 Grand Prix of Germany
28/07 Grand Prix of Hungary
25/08 Grand Prix of Belgium
08/09 Grand Prix of Italy
22/09 Grand Prix of Singapore
06/10 Grand Prix of Korea
13/10 Grand Prix of Japan
27/10 Grand Prix of India
03/11 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi
17/11 Grand Prix of USA (Austin)
24/11 Grand Prix of Brazil

Oh sod it, sod it, sod it. Just when I had finally decided to go on to Hungary straight after Germany they go and put two weeks between them instead of one. Not that I would mind three weeks of camping it's just that her indoors will not like letting me out of her grasp for that long.

It is also quite likely that the titles will be decided before the last two races which will take a lot of the interest out of them.

It was reported that Red Bull were not interested in Hamilton. This could backfire on them if the rumours about Vettel to Ferrari in 2014 are true, and with Webber almost certainly retiring by then. All the top drivers will be tied down to other teams and RBR could be left with the short straw by 2014

Back
Top Bottom