Pre-Season 2013 Season

ahhh Bernie will U-turn on it. He seems to have a spat with all the new tracks - I think he almost does it to try and push them to be ready.

Wouldn't remind the return to South Africa talked of in the article. Always had a soft spot for Kyalami. Mind you, the Mexican G.P. Wasn't too bad either.

Mexico wasn't too popular with the engine designers. Due to the altitude working out things like the best fuel mixture were tricky.

Having had a quick browse through a bit so far, there is nothing stopping a team applying to join the series in that 13th spot so I wonder why so many people who made a big song and dance about it a few years back have gone quiet on the subject? Haven't seen anything else yet but I don't think it's that much different from this years is it.

Hmmm, nope. Nothing interesting there with the exception that the words 2009 Concorde agreement have been removed and replaced with the words "the code". Negotiations on a new Concorde agreement going well then?

This is new....
20.4 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.

That clause was added to the current reg's a few races ago.
They just didn't upload a new version.

What has been added is an option to hide the stepped noses with a cosmetic panel/strip.

Looking at the spec drawings at the back of the technical regs is just a further indication that F1 is slipping further towards a spec series every year.

Back
Top Bottom