Pre-Season 2013 Season

Speshal ExtremeNinja According to google maps the distance (by road) between Austin and Montreal is 1949 miles (3136 km), which is the same as the distance between Silverstone and Istanbul.

EDIT: Incidentally it would take around 30 hours to do either drive. I wouldn't be signing up to do that myself...

The season could be down to 18 races after the Nurburgring were unable to agree terms.

The future of the German Grand Prix appears to be hanging in the balance after Bernie Ecclestone revealed on Monday that he had ended negotiations with the Nurburgring over the 2013 event.
The Nurburgring was supposed to host this year's event as part of an alternation plan agreed with Hockenheim, but financial problems at the venue meant there was no guarantee it could fund the race.

Yet another circuit which has been forced out of the sport due to the massive fees demanded by Ecclestone.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105300

No great surprise and, if I'm honest, no great loss. The "petite" Nurburgring has never has a place in my heart. Au revior another European race though, wonder which oil rich Arab state has started cobbling a circuit together?

I went through 'le Shuttle' in 1996 when I got a last minute invite to the Belgian GP. We did just turn up and drive onto the train at 5:00am saturday morning (my brother's mate had free passes because he'd bought shares in Eurotunnel).

I didn't have a passport, but managed to get one in three days through the Post Office in the teeth of a postal strike. Then not one bugger asked me to see it the whole trip! I waved it at the customs officer at Folkestone on the way back, and said 'Here, stamp this!'

(sorry for the off-topic diversion).

Speshal ExtremeNinja According to google maps the distance (by road) between Austin and Montreal is 1949 miles (3136 km), which is the same as the distance between Silverstone and Istanbul.

EDIT: Incidentally it would take around 30 hours to do either drive. I wouldn't be signing up to do that myself...

I don't drive, which counts me out of road-trips anyway. Struggling to find space in my calendar to get to a race this year, which is a sucky prospect. :(

Hopefully, but I'm also booked on holiday in Barbados weekend of British GP. If I could wangle something, I would drop my holiday in an instance. It'll be a bun-fight if a perk like that comes our way, though.

I used to work for Orange when they used to sponsor Arrows and as soon as I received the company-wide email (sent by the PR/Media department) about free tickets, I used to call said department immediately only to find they had already gone.

No prizes for guessing which department the employees who managed to get the tickets every single year worked for :rolleyes:

Will we have 12 teams on the grid after all? If Scorpion Racing comes into being then I say let them in for the season. It'll be a cert they'll be at the back end but at least if gives them a year of finding out how the F1 game works and with so little testing time it'd be a perfect way for them to get the basics in place for 2014.

Yeah its a long shot. Bernie seems keen though and he usually gets whst he wants.

Strange as he was saying he didn't want anymore teams just a month ago. I think the key factor on the mind change is the words 'American Investors'

Apparently the long running saga of the German GP is about to be resolved.
There should be an announcement soon that it will be held at the Nurburgring.

Still no news on the TBA GP scheduled for 19-21 July.

Edit: The German GP has now been confirmed at the Nurburgring for July 7.

Back
Top Bottom