Pre-Season 2013 Season

Does anyone here know how many teams must take part in the championship to meet contract requirements for tv etc? Would the possible (likely?) demise of marussia and caterham violate such contracts?

siffert_fan Unlikely, the team conditions in the TV contracts tend to be around specific teams taking part (used to be Champions, McLaren and Ferrari to the best of my knowledge but it would vary from territory to territory).

It was 10 teams before the 3 new ones joined a few seasons ago and I don't believe that has changed siffert_fan.
I don't know if there is a lower number though.

Ecclestone himself has said today that he would be happy to see the field go back down to 10 teams, losing the 2 remaining new ones, as long as Ferrari is one of them.
I guess that really motivates Caterham and Marussia, not to mention the other teams who are just making up the numbers as far as Ecclestone is concerned.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8329765/

If Caterham and Marussia pull out though that would leave an 18 car grid, I cant help thinking that feels a bit light to me.

D'oh! Ignore me.
For some reason I thought there were still 12 teams after HRT.
Of course the 13th team never made it to the grid in the first place.

Brogan
I believe under the previous versions of the Concorde agreement, the teams were compelled to run third cars if the grid were ever to drop to 16 cars... (Giving a 24 car grid).

Since Bernie has said that he would prefer a 20 car grid, I guess that's what we're going to get... even if it is complete and utter garbage!

Adrian Sutil Has said that he has checked all the countries that Formula one goes to and there is no entry restrictions to any of them for people with a criminal record and so there is nothing standing in his way of returning to F1 for next season..

Is he absolutely sure about that? The first one I checked his statement with does have restriction for people with a criminal record this is what I found.

If you want to travel to the US, if you have a criminal conviction you are ineligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Scheme, and therefore have to apply for a Visa.

As part of this process, you have to apply for a Police Certificate through ACRO (more details on this to follow soon). Discussions with our members suggest that, when this happens, the process is made very difficult, and often results in refusal to travel.

http://www.unlock.org.uk/xoffenders.aspx?sid=108 section 2.1

I haven't checked any of the others but I'm fairly sure Australia have similar restrictions...

VISA Waiver Scheme = hop on the plane and cross the border
The only thing that changes for Sutil is that he needs to go to the Ambassy, explain what he wants to do in the US and apply for a visa, like a non-European person would have to do. (yes, I know way too much about immigration >_<).

I'm suggesting that being as F1 is such an high profile sport and is something that the Americans want to promote then can they be seen make an exception as the site I have quoted said "The process is made very difficult and often ends in refusal to travel" but then he can afford a few lawyers to insure he gains entry and Bernie can always have a word.....

I just may check out some the other countries that are not in the EU...

Back
Top Bottom