Grand Prix 2013 Monaco Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I'm not sure why anyone would want a reduction of drag, especially when you can't use it on the only fast section.

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Those qualy' laps and the balls out laps in the race are why I personally enjoy Monaco. Yes , the races are processional but I don't watch Monaco for the overtaking. I watch it because I derive satisfaction from witnessing great drivers in fantastic machines race against a great circuit. There is a thrill to seeing them get it right and it is exciting when they get wrong. The atmosphere there is second to none. Another interesting and sometimes even exciting feature is the work of the marshals. They are the best in the series clearing the debris following an incident with more speed and efficiency than anywhere else and it's quite something to watch them at work.

We will undoubtedly see some great laps in qualifying this year but I fear there won't be any stand-out laps in the race as tyre conservation will be the order of the day. Still, there will probably be more overtaking than anyone expects and maybe the odd sprint of an in-lap before a crucial pit stop ...:)

downforce

Race Winner
I don't watch Monaco for the overtaking. I watch it because I derive satisfaction from witnessing great drivers in fantastic machines race against a great circuit. There is a thrill to seeing them get it right and it is exciting when they get wrong.
This, this and this!!!!

One of the reasons its among my favourite races of the year in spite of the lack of overtaking opportunities.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
I like to see the ladies at Monaco, I won't deny that it's an important part of the calendar. If it wasn't on the list for the championship F1 would be a lesser sport.
My view, and if you don't like it then that's OK. I don't mean it to be sexist but it is always as processional as we all expect it to be, if you expect it to be and then watch it then don't watch it. The race will still be run and won.

Top Bottom