2012 Season Preview

I do not care if its 25 races! I just hope the teams can handle it! More african circuits! South Africa circuit in Jo'burg and Ghana, Accra. Then the A1 ring/Red Bull ring along with russia. Calendar would look like: (in this order)

AUSTRALIA
BAHRAIN
MALAYSIA
CHINA
SOUTH KOREA
TURKEY
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
MONACO
RUSSIA
CANADA
UNITED STATES
VALENCIA
BRITAIN
GERMANY
HUNGARY
BELGIUM
ITALY
SINGAPORE
JAPAN
INDIA
SOUTH AFRICA
GHANA
ABU DHABI
BRAZIL

With 25 races there would barely be any time for pre season testing, it would be March-January pretty much

Without derailing the thread we all know there is only one reason why Valencia is on the calendar.......

If you mean money wise I think you are wrong, Valencia don't make any profits, there was an article going round that they wanted to terminate their contract as they are making too much of a loss. Howeve I think they have decided to honour the 5 year deal...in a few years time, I can see this track being dropped...

If your bring Austria back in you might aswell add San Marino aswell.

As I much as I liked San Marino...it turned into a terrible circuit with no overtaking spots. But Austria? Like to see that back, and there was rumours that it might, so if it does, does that mean the number of races will increase? Or will decent tracks get dropped?

20 races is fine by me, anything over 23 is just ridiculous, but I can't see it happenening unless it's back to back grand prix weeekends.

I don't mean money slyboogy, I mean the certain popularity of a northern Spanish driver who is currently driving for Ferrari

I think Bernie will stick with 20 races so what we should be asking ourselves is when Russia comes in for 2013 which track will go - but thats for another thread.

The Canada U.S double header is a joke isn't it? Surely that was mapped out by someone poor at Geography. Ahh yes America and Canada are next to each other so we'll only put a week between them. Montreal to Texas is like having a week between Korea and Spain.

In an age when F1 is trying to make itself look as green as it can surely the carbon footprint is the first thing they need to look at - i.e put the races in some form of geographical order so that the whole F1 circus can tour round the world not keep darting this way and that way

Can't imagine it would do the drivers much good with constant plane travel, their jet lag / body clock would be horrendous if they were travelling every week to different time zones, could be dangerous by the time the likes of Brazil rolls around

Infact I think 25 is a bit ambitious we'll be ending at xmas time! which shouldnt be happening at latest 1st week of December. I also got too ambitious with ghana and scrap valencia 23 is enough.

I see 23 is your magic number aswell concerning the races on the F1 calender :snigger:

Even 23 is a bit...much...I think 18-20 should be the max

Back
Top Bottom