Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

I have seen a picture of the new Ferrari front wing, it is similar to the Caterham one. I expect all the F1 cars to be ugly...

I thought they would make the noses like the ones from the 2007 cars, but they seemed to have went a whole different way.

Perhaps someone should have turned the studio lights on.
No please don't switch the lights on, it looks less ugly with the lights off........oh if it is true that Sky are going to host the launch of the cars from the 1st Feb with McLaren, will they not need to preceed the programme with a warning along the lines of:

Warning this programme contains scenes that may be distressing to some viewers

I really don’t understand why the rule makers made the rule that said it had to be that reduced height all the way back? Why not instead let it taper down to the required high at the front?

As you can see in the professional drawing I had commissioned below, height A has to run the full length of B. I don’t know why height A couldn’t taper to height C over length B, its not like it’s a steep or any lower front making it a higher risk of cars riding up it any more than the new rules do.

nose.jpg

From all reports I have seen so far it is the exhaust positioning and the way the rear end of the car is packaged that will be causing some interest from the other teams, but the car is very well positioned so we can't see that :(

McLaren (and all other teams) always hide the back end as that is potentially where most gains in performance come from.

Wow. What a dull looking bit of kit. Nose is lower, obviously. They, of course, are sandbagging on things. They're not going to give anything away at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom