Poll 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend.

Driver of the Weekend: Malaysia

• Vettel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Webber

• Button

• Hamilton

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Alonso

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Massa

• Schumacher

• Rosberg

• Raikkonen

• Grosjean

• Di Resta

• Hulkenberg

• Kobayashi

• Perez

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Ricciardo

• Vergne

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Maldonado

• Senna

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kovalainen

• Petrov

• Glock

• Pic

• De La Rosa

• Karthikeyan

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Some people vote for their favorite no matter what for instance I'm a Button fan but in no way could I voter for him for that performance. Lewis was in no way driver of the day yet three people voted for him.

IMO there are only three candidates for best driver and they are Alonso Perez and Bruno.

Maybe the person who posts the pole should just stick the obvious candidates and leave the rest out...
This is the Driver of the Weekend thread. Yes, Lewis lost two places in the race (due no fault - or very litle fault of his own). He dominated FP1, FP2 and qualifying. In the race retained his calm and collected valuable WCC and WDC points with another podium in the treachurous conditions. He didn't clash with anybody and brought the car home in one piece. that is why I and I suspect the other folk's who voted for him did so.

Now if those are unreasonable justifications, maybe I'm a dickhead.

This is the Driver of the Weekend thread. Yes, Lewis lost two places in the race (due no fault - or very litle fault of his own). He dominated FP1, FP2 and qualifying. In the race retained his calm and collected valuable WCC and WDC points with another podium in the treachurous conditions. He didn't clash with anybody and brought the car home in one piece. that is why I and I suspect the other folk's who voted for him did so.

Now if those are unreasonable justifications, maybe I'm a dickhead.

:shocked:

Not possible Mr.Afro

The only thing that counts is race day and that is what most people base their vote on It should only be driver of the day nothing else makes sense, after the race on sunday I can't be arsed to think what happened on saturday and have even less interest in what happened in any of the FP''s

Maybe it should be done on proportional representation? that one goes to evelwhippet....:)

Just to make a general point, we started "official" driver of the weekend polls a few years ago.
Partly to differentiate the site from everywhere else which just does driver of the day, but also to make people think about the whole weekend and possibly consider giving it to someone other than the winner.

We're no longer doing them "officially" and archiving them but if others want to that's fine.
Experience shows however that as with most other internet polls, the results are meaningless.

Unfortunately the results appear to have become meaningless because, as in all things F1, there are competitors who seek to circumvent the spirit of the "rules" - or to put it another way in the context of this venerable forum, the spirit of the conversation.:(

Back
Top Bottom