Poll 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend.

Driver of the Weekend: Malaysia

• Vettel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Webber

• Button

• Hamilton

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Alonso

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Massa

• Schumacher

• Rosberg

• Raikkonen

• Grosjean

• Di Resta

• Hulkenberg

• Kobayashi

• Perez

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Ricciardo

• Vergne

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Maldonado

• Senna

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kovalainen

• Petrov

• Glock

• Pic

• De La Rosa

• Karthikeyan

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Alonso - has to be - would have been Perez if not for the off.

I also think Di Resta deserves a mention because that Force India is awful and he got it up to 7th.

Oh and take a bow Jean Eric Vergne for scoring your first points and keeping it on the track on inters when most of the field were struggling on wets!

Yeah, including someone voting for Karthikeyan which was, presumably, because he ran into Sebastain Vettel. I shall probably not bother voting in these in future.

Good for you. I didn't really need to know that, though. It is your prerogative.

Yeah, including someone voting for Karthikeyan which was, presumably, because he ran into Sebastain Vettel. I shall probably not bother voting in these in future.
What makes you say that FB? It could as easily have been for getting in Jensons way, especially if it was a Hamilton 'fan' as Jenson was ahead of Lewis at the time.

It could as easily have been for getting in Jenson's way.

You're quite right Rick. Whatever the reasons it pretty pathetic and diminishes the point of these polls. This was the main reason why the chump thread was stopped and the driver of the weekend vote isn't collated into an annual result anymore. The lack of objectivity is mind boggling.

I actually really liked the way that Karthikeyan conducted himself in the post-race interview. If people are not allowed to vote for him then he shouldn't be there as an option. Once again, people making assumptions about the motives of others. I would prefer to hear it from the horses mouth before passing judgement on the person responsible for an anonymous vote.

Maybe we should change driver of the weekend to just driver of the day? Surely it's a much better poll, doing that. Plus you don't have to remember what happened over the rest of the weekend!

Yes absolutely. What is the point of a "driver of the week-end"? The purpose of practice and quali are to maximise the chances of a good result isn't it? The race results are the only thing that matter, doesn't matter how you achieve them.

I don't think these polls are too bad. Yes clearly there are some people that vote stupidly just to be WUMs, and those who lean towards their favourite. However I think on CTA there are a lot of people that are free from biasm, for example I'm a massive Hamilton fan yet I voted Alonso for this weekend because for me he did everything he could with that car.

Lighten up, I say!

So one person votes for Narain? 29 voted for Perez and 20 for Alonso, so HRT's man is in no danger of winning, not that he'd actually win anything. Without the option to vote for anyone, voting for the "correct" choice is a weightless gesture.

Some people vote for their favorite no matter what for instance I'm a Button fan but in no way could I voter for him for that performance. Lewis was in no way driver of the day yet three people voted for him.

IMO there are only three candidates for best driver and they are Alonso Perez and Bruno.

Maybe the person who posts the pole should just stick the obvious candidates and leave the rest out...

Some people vote for their favorite no matter what for instance I'm a Button fan but in no way could I voter for him for that performance. Lewis was in no way driver of the day yet three people voted for him.

IMO there are only three candidates for best driver and they are Alonso Perez and Bruno.

Maybe the person who posts the pole should just stick the obvious candidates and leave the rest out...

But then there's no merit in making the "correct" vote because you'd have had no choice. I agree with you in principle but perfectly respectable cases have been put forward for guys like Vergne, and we'd lose out on those alternative view points if only a select few were available.

Back
Top Bottom