2011 Predictions

Sportsman said: The final truth about the Lotus Renault and Team Lotus will be revealed and the truth will suprise us all.
Is this going to be like a Scooby Doo ending Sportsman? Tony Fernandes, in handcuffs, has his mask ripped off to reveal that all the time he was Flavio Briatore and he "would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling Lotus fans!"
biggrin.gif

Not quite like that.But will reveal how investment banking actually can be used by to buy parts of a company in this case Genii's name anonymously by them providing the capital,borowed by you and then using that money to buy shares of a company.You are reponsible for the money which they secure by holding the company shares in their name.
Its not as simple as that as you have to have your own collateral to secure the intial advance.But it can be done that way.
The answer lies somewhere with Gerard Lopez, Genii Capital, and Mangrove investments.
All of which are Luxemburg registered companies.
The simple question to ask yourself is why would an investment banking group buy an F1 racing team.
That is not any investment bank's idea of a sound investment.The returns on capital for the risk involved are nowhere near good enough to make it a sound investment without collateral.
CVC bougth the comercial rights from FOM for F1.We all know the huge profits generated by F1, That makes it a good investment.Genii capital are in exactly the same business as CVC.
It also extremely unusual for non shareholder to be appointed as an executive director of company.Non executive is uncommon not uknown.Dany Bahar has been appointed as an executive director of Lotus Renault GP.

WDC - Hamilton
WCC - Red Bull
Massa leaves Ferrari but does not retire at the end of the season.
There will be five driver changes over the course of the year.
Kubica wins (at least) a race.
Rosberg gets repeated podiums but still doesn't get that win.
1Malaysia Lotus gets at least one point.
Schumacher gets a one race ban.
Coulthard misses at least one race commentary.
The season will swap between being considered 'brilliant' and a 'borefest' at least three times.
There's a life threatening accident. (I really hope not.)
HRT finishes the season last, but finishes. Nobody is quite sure how.

There will be a new race winning driver this season,
Williams will win a race
Hulkenburg will race this season.
HRT will get at least point.
One of the champ 3 contending teams in 2010 will struggle.
Adjustable Rear Wing will be a disaster for 1 reason or another.
The first BBC air time Martin Witmarsh gets he will moan that something on the RBR is illigal.
Lotus and Renault will crash into each other.
Barhain will suprise us all and be exciting
and finally the dead cert, Eddie Jordan will say something increadbily stupid at some point of the season.

I suggest a new rule:

11. No pictures of Flavio Briatore in a state of undress will be allowed. If posting such a picture your account may be terminated and the Samaritans called to your place of residence as determined by your IP.

Time for some of my predictions.
  1. I will jump up out of my seat 20 times as the red lights are going out :cheer:
  2. I will get annoyed with HRT swapping drivers and causing me extra work with the site content >:(
  3. I will moan about "yet another safety car ruining the race" :rolleyes:
  4. I will wish that the hundreds of people signing up to view the overtaking data will at least make an effort to get involved with the site instead of just leeching the data to post on the forums they are already members of :disappointed:
  5. I will disagree with at least one stewarding decision and explain to the wife in detail over the next few weeks numerous times why they were wrong, sorry love :embarrassed:
But, I will still enjoy the season and be sad when it's all over :)

Hi Guys, Just registered before the first test, just been gettng to know the site!

Not too sure if this guys with the thread, but I really do hope Williams becomes good again, a couple of 2nd places would be nice!

Anyway,

WDC Hamilton
WCC Red Bull
Webber to announce his retirement at the end of the season
Lotus to finish with some points
Virgin having to redesign thier car (again)
Rosberg to finish higher then Schumi (again)
Massa to announce hes moving away from Ferrari at the end of the season
Algusuari to have some storming drives this season
Kobayashi to mix things up a bit in the front runners a few times this season
British GP to be wet
Hamilton to win in Canada

WDC Vettel
WCC McLaren
Bahrain to be cancelled
Team Lotus to be first of the 3 new teams to get points
Massa to spin when it rains
Kubica to be seen attending a GP by the Summer
Heidfeld to come close to winning a race, Monaco?
Flavio doesn't return in any capacity in F1
Some technical shenanigans will surface around rear wing vents....
Spa is wet....given
We'll have "Jenson, Lewis is faster than you, do you understand?"
Seb will crash into the back of Di Resta and it'll be Webber's fault
EJ will be the disco king of attire

I'm a McLaren supporter, but I've lost heart based on the testing saga. I cannot imaging McLaren faring well at the start of the season, and without testing, I don't see them catching up.

Given their lack of competence in making the most within the cost restrictions, this is going to be tough. I think back in the days of unlimited testing, they would have a much better shot at the title.

Given their lack of competence in making the most within the cost restrictions, this is going to be tough. I think back in the days of unlimited testing, they would have a much better shot at the title.

Tbf, McLaren are closer to Ferrari now than they were in 2000-04!

Vettel will be WDC.
Ferrari will be WCC.
Renault will finish 3rd in the WCC.
Kobayashi will get one podium.
Maldonado will do better than Hulkenberg did.
Paul di Resta will have numerous first-lap crashes.
Spa WON'T be wet.
We'll all bitch about ARW and they'll be modified/removed halfway through the season.
Pirelli tyres will supply more overtaking.
David Coulthard will mention Red Bull an inordinate amount of times during his first commentary.

Back
Top Bottom