• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe Hamilton was trying to pass and Vettel weaved to cover him off.

Really look at the other cars in that video and tell me which ones were not weaving. I think you would legitimately have to punish everyone. Look at Alonso, for example. Petrov moves right at the start and ends up at the extreme left.

I don't want to see people punished, Hamilton shouldn't have been punished, but its damn sure that Vettel should not have by the same rule that Hamilton was punished, or they have to punish the whole grid at every single race.

The rules are stupid. But by the rules Hamilton is bang-to-rights.

But I don't want to be falling victim to totting up the Stewards Decisions' Points Lost totals - and declaring championships invalid or any of that crap. Makes you seem a little paranoid. Makes you write like this:

WE deserved the podium with Fernando

And I'll bet the stewards can't act unless there's a complaint, and you can bet Ferrari complained and McLaren didn't.

But the main issue is that Lewis would not have won even with Vettel getting a drive thru because his pace on the primes was just too damn poor.

Isn't that what racing is all about - trying to keep the other guy behind you? Or have I completely lost the plot? :crazy:

Don't be stupid! Its about increasing overtaking by hook or by crook at the moment. And it might help if some eeijit website wasn't plastering overtaking statistics over the internet! LOL

Its a stupid, stupid rule.

Don't be stupid! Its about increasing overtaking by hook or by crook at the moment. And it might help if some eeijit website wasn't plastering overtaking statistics over the internet! LOL

Its a stupid, stupid rule.

All "rule" is stupid - especially if you were raised in the 60s :)

Very disappointed by Petrov, a complete return to last season's lack of judgement. There were a couple of silly errors, one of which cost him a position, before he decided to launch his Renault. Mind you, it did lead to some fantastic commentary on the French language feed which boiled down to "Petrov has crashed, why has Petrov crashed? Here's a replay from the cockpit.... oh, his steering wheel fell off! His steering wheel fell off!!! Here's a replay from outside the c.... oh, that's why his steering wheel fell off."

I think people are being a bit harsh on Petrov. Ok, so he should have eased off the gas, but the hidden take-off ramp on what should have been a level grass area was what did for him.

Yes, I would give the chump award to whoever at Sepang decided that was an acceptable transition between the asphalt runoff and the grass! All the money spent on safety features, and something like that gets through...I've moaned about bumpy grass runoffs before re: Silverstone, actually.

As it goes, I've voted for Petrov, but only in the absence of any other obvious candidates. I suspect Rosberg might be a contender, but didn't actively do anything terrible.

Yes, I would give the chump award to whoever at Sepang decided that was an acceptable transition between the asphalt runoff and the grass! All the money spent on safety features, and something like that gets through...I've moaned about bumpy grass runoffs before re: Silverstone, actually.

I bet Eccelstone and Tilke are rubbing their hands together with glee. Time for more supermarket carparks around the circuits :givemestrength:

Yes, I would give the chump award to whoever at Sepang decided that was an acceptable transition between the asphalt runoff and the grass!
I must admit I was shocked at the transition from one surface to another.

In a way you can't blame Petrov as he can't have been expected to assume it was as bad as that.
And as for the steering column snapping...

I've gone for Vettel for his crazy weaving off the start, he should at least have had a warning for that.

I've voted for Mark Webber. I know he had KERS problems off the start but all things considered he's doing a crap job in the best car on the grid - broke damper my ar...

I abstain. I can't really think of anyone that's deserving of the Chump label. There were a couple of minor mistakes, but nothing absolutely chumptastic... :dunno:

The Stewards?

If they saw it in race then why not deal with it there and then? ****ing idiotic if you ask me.

Picked Alonso .... in fact, as soon as he was within 5-6 seconds of Hamilton, and closing, I said to her-indoors "this is going to end in tears unless the kids have grown up!"

I reckoned Alonso was the one to blame, so he'd got my vote before the race finished. :) There wasn't anyone who had been a chump of the whole weekend, but he ruined his good work with a big mistake.

Petrov was just Petrov of last year for a moment, but he'd had a good weekend until that one error; deep breath and move on!

I've gone for Alonso as well, there was no need for crashing into Lewis, but the main reason was his pace was rubbish alll weekend, he got beaten by his team mate and for someone who is supposed to be such an all round driver, he just looked like a muppet trying to blame others for his mistakes, even to the point of going to the Stewards!

Alonso for pretty much all the reasons stated... too slow, overly opportunistic overtaking attempt and misjudging Hamilton (all in one) and then following the Ferrari line of if your in the wrong light as many fires as you can in the hope all the smoke will divert attention away from you.

Back
Top Bottom