Le Mans 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours

The crash was heading into the Esses, just under the Dunlop Bridge. I think Nishy came from so far back, Beltoise in the Ferrari just didn't see him until it was too late. The closing speed was massive.

The Audis are averaging about 2s/lap quicker than the Peugeots at the moment, but it's varying a lot in traffic (plus Rockenfeller is on fresh tyres).

Class leaders after 5hrs.,45 min.

LMP-1: A. Davidson, #7 Peugeot Total(Peugeot 908)
LMP-2: D. Kraihamer, #48 Team Oreca Matmut(Oreca 03-Nissan)
GTE-Pro: R. Westbrook, #74 Corvette Racing(Chev. Corvette C-6R)
GTE-Am: J. Canal, #50 Larbre Competition(Chev. Corvette ZR1)

toon, i dont think either knew they were there, with both views being obscured by the Rockenfeller in the middle

I don't think they saw each other either. And not that it really matters, but it was Timo Bernhard that was in between them. I guess McNish thought that Timo was letting him through, when he was actually slowing because of the Ferrari ahead.

6 1/2 hrs. into the LeMans 24; as we prepare to leave the SpeedChannel streaming feed for their live television broadcast, here are the class leaders.........

LMP-1: M. Gene, #7 Peugeot Total(Peugeot 908)
LMP-2: D. Hallyday, #48 Team Oreca Matmut(Oreca 03-Nissan)
GTE-Pro: O. Gavin, #74 Corvette Racing(Chev. Corvette C-6R)
GTE-Am: J. Canal, #50 Larbre Competition(Chev. Corvette ZR1)

Couple of interesting conversations over the Eurosport feed the past half-hour........Andrew Marriott & the Eurosport crew have interviewed Pratt & Miller's Doug Fehan, former Team PTG principal Tom Milner, Sr. and Engine Developments(a/k/a Judd Racing) principal John Judd......

Interesting lineup over at SpeedChannel for this year's LeMans 24.............with F1 this weekend, Speed's Bob Varsha, who most years would head Speed's broadcast crew at La Sarthe, is instead alongside Steve Matchett & David Hobbs(don't be surprised, though, if all three pop in every so often during this weekend...); instead, Leigh Diffey heads Speed's LeMans team. Alongside Diffey for this year's are Dorsey Schroeder, Calvin Fish, Greg Creamer, Justin Bell, Scott Pruett and Jamie Howe.

One of the GTE-Am entries is off.............appears to be the #62 CRS Racing Ferrari F430; couldn't tell where, though.......:o:o:o

Looking at the ACO live timing feed, it wasn't the only one at that moment..........
Outputs track simultaneous Lynn (Ferrari No. 62) and Felbermayr Jr (Porsche No. 63) in two different places.
3 minutes ago

Lotterer has got the overlap on Gene following his ninth pit stop, so I think that makes Audi #2 the net leader at the moment, allowing for strategy

Anyone watching the race is welcome in Chat. :(

Suddenly the Audis are galloping away from the Peugeots. Very odd.

Rockenfeller only passed Lamy when they were in the pits together 35mins ago, now he's a minute clear.

Interesting that Peugeot seem to be switching to triple-stints now, Audi continuing with quads. Though it might be, in part, them wanting to get Lamy out of the #9 car asap...

Could the drop in temperature have something to do with the Peugeots suddenly being off the pace of the Audis?

If so, it's only going to get worse for them overnight.

I heard an interview with one of the Peugeot drivers, I think it was Panis, and he said it was harder to make the tyres work when it was colder. It must be said that the #8 is going quicker now Montagny is at the wheel though.

Audis 1st and 2nd now, Marc Gene went straight on at Arnage and conceded 2nd to Mike Rockenfeller. Peugeots struggling for lap time all over the place.

Looks like Mike Rockenfeller has gone off hugely approaching Indianapolis in the #1 Audi. Must have been doing nearly 200mph there. I really pray nobody is hurt.

Lucky boy. Another long safety car period beckons. Long stretch of armco to be replaced

Apparently he collided with the Michael Waltrip Ferrari, though MW wasn't at the wheel at the time.

Back
Top Bottom