Le Mans 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours

Update:

Benoit Treluyer still leads for Audi #2, just over 2 minutes clear of Simon Pagenaud in Peugeot #9. Alex Wurz is following Pagenaud closely in Peugeot #7, while the third works Peugeot #8 is around 20s behind in fourth, Stephane Sarrazin at the wheel.

The ORECA Peugeot has just been off at the first chicane on the Mulsanne and is in the pits for what is likely to be a lengthy stop for repairs, so the leading petrol car, the #16 Judd-powered Pescarolo, is effectively promoted to fifth, Julien Jousse currently aboard.

#74 Corvette still leads GTE-Pro, up in 16th position overall, Jan Magnussen leading the class from the #51 AF Corse Ferrari of Toni Vilander, with the second #73 Corvette of Tommy Milner in third.

Another Safety Car after a big accident - Jean-Christophe Boullion crashing in the Rebellion Lola-Toyota at the Porsche Curves.

The first three cars are lined up together behind the SC, Simon Pagenaud leading Anthony Davidson in the Peugeots with Marcel Fassler's Audi third. With Peugeot pitstops imminent, however, it's advantage Audi.

*Returns from watching an exciting IndyCar twin-bill from the high banks of Texas, the 70's tune Drivers' Seat blasting from the speakers..............

Class Leaders at LeMans, 5:50am La Sarthe time
LMP-1: M. Fassler, #2 Audi Sport Team Joest(Audi R18 TDI), 210 laps
LMP-2: T. Kimber-Smith, #41 Greaves Motorsports(Zytek-Nissan), -14 laps
GTE-Pro: O. Gavin, #74 Corvette Racing(Chev. Corvette C-6R), -21 laps
GTE-Am: D. Law, #81 Flying Lizard Motorsports(Porsche 911 RSR), -26 laps

Class Leaders at LeMans, 7:51am La Sarthe time
LMP-1: M. Gene, #7 Peugeot Sport(Peugeot 908), 239 laps
LMP-2: O. Lombard, #41 Greaves Motorsports(Zytek-Nissan), -17 laps
GTE-Pro: T. Vilander, #51 AF Corse Italia(Ferrari 458 Italia), -25 laps
GTE-Am: G. Gardel, #50 Larbre Competition(Chev. Corvette ZR1), -32 laps

1) LMP1 Audi Sport Team Joest (No 2) 267 laps
2) LMP1 Team Peugeot ToTal (No9) +26sec
3) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No8) 1Lap
4) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No7) 3 Laps
9) LMP2 Greaves Motorsport (No41) +19Laps
10) LMP2 Signatech Nissan (No26) +23Laps
13) GTEpro AF Course srl (No51) +29Laps
14) GTEpro Corvette Racing (No73) +30Laps
24) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No50) +38Laps
25) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No70) +39 Laps

At 9:02 am with 5 hours left

Edit:
Davidson in (No7) has crashed and in 4th and is in the pits .

Theres Rain and Down the Mulsanne straight there is the 'slippery track' flag

And Antony Davison is being a very naughty boy, by appearing to hold up the Lead Audi, trying to get Bourdais closer who is a minute behind.

Its not actually working

THREE HOURS TO GO!
Audi still favorite, close in the other classes

1) LMP1 Audi Sport Team Joest (No 2) 305 laps
2) LMP1 Team Peugeot ToTal (No9) +1m10.784sec
3) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No8) 2Lap
4) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No7) 4 Laps
8) LMP2 Greaves Motorsport (No41) +22Laps
10) LMP2 Signatech Nissan (No26) +26Laps
12) GTEpro Corvette Racing (No73) +34Laps
13) GTEpro AF Course srl (No51) +34Laps

22) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No50) +44Laps
23) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No70) +45 Laps

at 11:59

rain still lingering not effecting times tho at the moment

Ok maybe it is now, Peugeots doing slow times in the 3:40.s Audi's (perhaps because of higher downforce) not effected, and two cars off on the same time, differnt part of the circuit.

The Oreca Peugeot, and Kronos Aston

This is with 2 and a half hours left

Update#3 lol
Constant

1 Peugeot eurosport think on inters, Audi slow Davisdon closing on the Audi who is a few laps ahead. What happens now is cruial to finding out who the winner will be.

With three Cars Peugeot have more oppertunity of getting it right, Audi have 1

Some fairly unsporting tactics from the Peugeots there - deliberately blocking the Audi.

You have to wonder why nothing official was said or done about it.

Peugeot suck! >:( Anthony Davidson, Alex Wurz and Marc Gene are going to receive hate mail from me on a daily basis from now on until they die horribly and dishonourably. :censored:

that last move by gene was by far the worst and danderous, no7 car should be DSQ'ed for that alone. The other two drivers have not covered themselves in glory either.

Its a disgrace.

Davidson on Twitter "Unaware of Marc & Franck as still in driver room. Will have to speak to them later. As far as my race was concerned I enjoyed fighting the Audi but I'm upset anyone would ever think I'd intentionally block another driver. That's not my style."

Davidson on Twitter "Unaware of Marc & Franck as still in driver room. Will have to speak to them later. As far as my race was concerned I enjoyed fighting the Audi but I'm upset anyone would ever think I'd intentionally block another driver. That's not my style."

Fighting!? he was 4 laps down!

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!

1) LMP1 Audi Sport Team Joest (No 2) 337 laps
2) LMP1 Team Peugeot ToTal (No9) +1m21.688sec
3) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No8) 2Lap
4) LMP1 Peugeot Sport Total (No7) 4 Laps
8) LMP2 Greaves Motorsport (No41) +27Laps
9) LMP2 Signatech Nissan (No26) +34Laps
11) GTEpro Corvette Racing (No73) +39Laps
13) GTEpro AF Course srl (No51) +39Laps

20) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No50) +50Laps
21) GTEam Labre Compertiton (No70) +51 Laps

at 14:01

Pagenaud Did close up to as close as 15 seconds and at one point a minute a lap, but has the rain has eased off the gap has been pulled out again. With Pagenaud for a while on the wrong tyres, As the the No2 Audi of Lotter has stayed on Dry tyres.

Back
Top Bottom