Le Mans 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours

I really have no idea who is going to win. Audi look to have an edge on race pace on the longer runs, but Peugeot can do 12 laps on a full tank; so far Audi have only managed 11. The two things might be linked - Peugeot might have to run lean to get the 12th lap - so there are a lot of variables. Not to mention the tyre usage; at Spa only Peugeot could run the softer tyre from the start, Audi had to wait until the track temperatures cooled in the evening before switching to the soft.

And that's before what is expected to be one of the greatest GT races Le Mans has ever seen...I'm seriously considering skipping Montreal qualifying altogether :thinking:

I really have no idea who is going to win. Audi look to have an edge on race pace on the longer runs, but Peugeot can do 12 laps on a full tank; so far Audi have only managed 11. The two things might be linked - Peugeot might have to run lean to get the 12th lap - so there are a lot of variables. Not to mention the tyre usage; at Spa only Peugeot could run the softer tyre from the start, Audi had to wait until the track temperatures cooled in the evening before switching to the soft.

And that's before what is expected to be one of the greatest GT races Le Mans has ever seen...I'm seriously considering skipping Montreal qualifying altogether :thinking:

Go ahead and skip it, Galahad.......I'll watch LeMans and try to keep a running tally. I'll say this.....with the 24 Hours this weekend, F1 in Canada and the IndyCars' on the high-banks of Texas, this is going to be a good weekend for racing....... 8-)

F1 qualifying will no doubt be live on the BBC F1 site too, so plenty of options to watch either/both on TV and online :)

Just need 4 eyes and 2 brains to make sense of it all :D

Unfortunately my home internet is near unusable (VP congestion, apparently) so just the F1 for me. :(

And we're off! Audi 1-2-4, Peugeot 3-5-6. All very evenly-matched so far. How many laps until the first stop though?

An early retirement for that car might be a blessing in disguise.

They've taken 2 entries that could have gone to competitive cars >:(

Were they given preferential treatment over other entrants then?

I haven't really followed the lead up this year.

They were entitled to 2 entries due to their performances in the old car last year, but it might have been better to withdraw with dignity before the race and go testing instead.

Thanks for that Bro (it didn't feel right to 'like' it). You can see the car bouncing as it goes sideways in the gravel, in the past I think a car would have become airborne at that speed. Maybe the shark fins aren't so bad after all

Back
Top Bottom