• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tby - you are maybe too young to understand or empathise with lost dreams. The certainty of youth is wonderful, but sometimes can lead to disappointment in later life.

Not really what I said, he could astound us all this season (and that was an astonishing drive, even if he cocked up quali) - whatever way you look at it he is on a swansong :disappointed:. If only he had had a decent car years ago - always rated his abilities and always been disappointed for him.

Quite frankly, I think the guy's broken too many mirrors or Canberra milk bottles or something, because if he didn't get bad luck he'd get no luck at all. He generally gets scant reward for the dedication it takes for a driver from Australia to attempt to make it in Formula One.

He's heading into the triple-header he made his own last year. Different order this time: Turkey, Spain, Monaco. Last year three races that he genuinely looked like a Champion in waiting. His purple patch. Perhaps his career purple patch!

I hope he does well both this year, and gets picked up for next year by someone; don't think it'll be Red Bull. He'd certainly be a better option than Barrichello or Trulli...

Its typical Webber (and Heidfeld!) to have gone to Williams in 2005! Michelin had the best tyre, he was off to the Michelin's first big team and their best team from 2001-03. And then turned out they were crap!

Hamilton is going to win this poll more often, for more than one reason!

Been rather busy since the end of the GP and I haven't had a chance to cast my vote yet.

Obviously two men stood out on Sunday, but one of those men was near the back on Saturday. Which is why Lewis Hamilton gets the nod for "Driver of the Weeked".

Sure he is and will be well-deserved - but every old dog has his day - for me, Sunday was Mark's day.

I'm afraid Jenfer that Keke has hit it on the head, if it were the driver of the day it would still be a toss up between Lewis and Mark (tbh if it had been Lewis starting from the pitlane and driving up to 5th we'd all be hailing that as the drive of the day.)

But..... it's driver of the weekend - to have the nouse after his last race to realise you'd need a fresh set of boots and still get close to the Red Bull in quali, to deal with a knackered car with 15 minutes to go to the start, to drive round an erratic Vettel in the first corner and then (yes, tyres played a part - see quali) to drive around the rest of the field, including someone in the same car - You'd have to give it to Lewis - IMHO

Lewis.

Demonstrated (again) ability to analyse past performance of himself and his equipment and then bounce back and (once and for all, I hope) shredded the tyre mis-management myth (you know the myth I mean). Approached whole weekend tactically and drove his race his way. Nice one.

Mark great drive but agree with those who point out it's about the whole weekend.

Bye now.

I'm afraid Jenfer that Keke has hit it on the head, if it were the driver of the day it would still be a toss up between Lewis and Mark (tbh if it had been Lewis starting from the pitlane and driving up to 5th we'd all be hailing that as the drive of the day.)

But..... it's driver of the weekend - to have the nouse after his last race to realise you'd need a fresh set of boots and still get close to the Red Bull in quali, to deal with a knackered car with 15 minutes to go to the start, to drive round an erratic Vettel in the first corner and then (yes, tyres played a part - see quali) to drive around the rest of the field, including someone in the same car - You'd have to give it to Lewis - IMHO

Looks like there are 10 other stupid people on this site who voted for Mark as well, Spesh :p

One stunning performance can compensate for another dire one in my book - so I'm sticky with Mr Webber.

Oh, and it's nous btw - no "e" on the end ;)

I refer mi'lady to the time of the post ;) and to my previous post upon the subject - "Heart says Mark, Head says Lewis"
Why up so late, dear boy :s. I was just returning the favour - I know you are quite hot on these things LOL

I can be quite crabby sometimes! :whistle:

I finally had a chance to watch the pre-race build up last night.

For Hamilton to perform as he did, leaving the pits just 35 seconds before they were closed and still having his car worked on with 3 minutes to go, just reinforces my opinion that he was driver of the weekend.

Most, it not all drivers tend to have their own pre-race ritual, so in context his performance was all the better, especially considering he was forced to stay out a lap longer losing places, due to Button missing his pit stop.

He didn't even have time to go to the toilet. Lewis is just like me, he always has a dump before a race. ;)
He he!
That reminds me of when Top Gear did the Silverstone 24 hr race and the Stig peed in the seat (A racing driver doesn't want a full bladder if/when he hits a barrier and decelerates super quickly, now does he?) before handing over to Clarkson.

Call me naive, but it was only on reading Ben Collin's book, 'The Man in the White Suit', which I got for Christmas, that I realised for sure that they had been winding JC up (which was apparently not difficult to do, generally speaking).

Well to be honest I voted Lewis Hamilton as my driver of the week-end of the chinese GP, but certainly not because of the problem before the race. I did it because of the race he drove.
All top drivers have a degree of professionalism about them that makes them fairly unperturbable when it comes to the actual racing.
I'm pretty sure anyone of 'Mssr Alonso, Vettel, Button, Webber et al would similarly not have let anything like that prevent them from producing their best.

I'm pretty sure anyone of 'Mssr Alonso, Vettel, Button, Webber et al would similarly not have let anything like that prevent them from producing their best.
I'm not totally sure about that.
I've seen plenty of drivers who seem to lose their drive when something isn't going as planned; they're only able to give 7 or 8/10th's rather than 10/10th's.

I would have voted for anyone out of Rosberg, Massa, Hamilton and Webber.

But voted for Lewis as he drove a good race and overtook alot of drivers without using the DRS. Only on DiResta he used it. The rest of the time he just used the KER'S or without it.

Back
Top Bottom