2011 Chinese GP - Prix Oignon et chocolat

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So, for the Chinese Grand Prix, which moment will be left crying after being given their onion to hold, and who will be delighted like a small child to be given their chocolate bar.

My chocolate bar goes to Mr. Strategy Ross Brawn, who vaulted an inferior car past its betters and had to watch it fall on track.

My onion goes to Jenson Button. For signing unilaterally for Red Bull!

I thought we'd change the award each week!

For two heart pounding laps and an eventual pass - I have to go for an overtake for 1st place for the chocloate.

JB gets the onion for his pit stop.

Possible onion owners are Mark for Q1, Nick H for Q2, Jenson for his pit stop screw up, both coming in a lap late and missing the box.

For the chocolate, Lewis for an impressive display, Lewis' charge from P5 to P1, Mark for an amazing comeback.

There are probably others but those are the ones which spring immediately to mind.

The chocolate Felipe had by dominating Alonso must taste particularly sweet for him! Heikki for beating a Williams on pace.

An onion for Perez for playing dodgems :D

The obvious onion holder has to be the Toro Rosso engineer on the wheel gun of Algersuari. We could have had the 1st 100% finishing rate since Monza 2005.(statistic kindly donated by TBY!)

As for the the sticky chocolate holder its a bit trickier. The moment that LH overtook SV for 1st made me smile but I think Lotus deserve the early easter treat for finally getting in front of a midfield car.

As for the the sticky chocolate holder its a bit trickier. The moment that LH overtook SV for 1st made me smile but I think Lotus deserve the early easter treat for finally getting in front of a midfield car.
Also, a giant-sized box of Lindor for Heikki, for the way he sought out and warmly congratulated LH at the end of the race. :thumbsup:

The chocolat for me goes to Vettel for his pole lap, simply stunning. Big string of oignons to Jenson for stopping at the diesel Red Bull pump by mistake and nearly filling up.

My CHAMPAGNE goes to Hamilton for overtaking everything in front of him, and the ROTTEN FISH goes to Button for thinking Mclaren were still world champions and pitting in the first pump.

The Mars bar goes to Lewis for remaining composed when faced with 30ish seconds from a pitlane start and keeping his toe in into the first bend

The spring onion (see what I dun there) goes to Jenson (although it was funny) for turning his sat nav off.

The obvious onion holder has to be the Toro Rosso engineer on the wheel gun of Algersuari. We could of had the 1st 100% finishing rate since ............(statistic to be inserted here!)

Monza 2005, where 20/20 finished. This is the first race historically with 23 classified finishers, beating last year's Brazilian GP and the 1952 British GP which each had 22 finishers. There were 32 starters at Silverstone!

Monza 2005, where 20/20 finished. This is the first race historically with 23 classified finishers, beating last year's Brazilian GP and the 1952 British GP which each had 22 finishers. There were 32 starters at Silverstone!
That's more like it... the more the merrier.
I'd like to give Button a chocolate onion for the start and the laughter when he forgot who he was driving for.

Back
Top Bottom