2010 - Summary

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
We have had a similar thread to this previously but I thought it worth summarising things and including the team/engine combinations. It also gives me a chance to use my favourite quote from Donald Rumsfeld "There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know"

So how does that relate to the car/driver/engine line ups for 2010? Well, on the face of it we appear to know very little. Drivers shown below in yellow have contracts with their team for 2010 but many rumours surround Kimi Raikkonen; drivers in orange are seriously strong rumours. Engines shown in green are confirmed. If any one would like to add to the rumours let me know and I will add them in.

TeamEngineDriver 1Driver 2Rumours/Notes
MercedesMercedesRosbergM Schumacher
Hispania Racing TeamCosworthSennaChandhok
FerrariFerrariMassaAlonso
Force IndiaMercedesSutilLiuzzi
LotusCosworthTrulliKovaleinen
Virgin RacingCosworthGlockdi Grassi
McLarenMercedesHamiltonButton
Red BullRenaultVettelWebber
RenaultRenaultKubicaPetrov
SauberFerrariKobayashide la Rosa
Team USF1CosworthWithdrawn?
Toro RossoFerrariBuemiAlguersuari
WilliamsCosworthHulkenbergBarrichello
ToyotaToyotaWithdrawn
Stefan F1ToyotaVilleneuveNakajimaNot approved by FIA

Hakkinen? Am I thinking that may be a bit unlikely?

Rumours: de la Rosa > Campos
Wurz > USF1
Kovalainen/Kubica > Williams

I'm sure there's more elsewhere on this site!

Quite right TBY - brain fade on my part

Chart now includes all the rumours from the previous thread.

It's not team or driver related but as it's to do with 2010, it's worth posting here.

Some of this is still provisional so I will update it as and when new information becomes available.

The 2010 Calendar
RaceDateLocal TimeGMT TimeGrand PrixCircuitLocationLaps
114 March15:0013:00BahrainBahrain International CircuitSakhir57
228 March17:0007:00AustraliaMelbourne Grand Prix Circuit (Albert Park)Melbourne58
34 April16:0009:00MalaysiaSepang International CircuitKuala Lumpur56
418 April15:0008:00ChinaShanghai International CircuitShanghai56
59 May14:0013:00SpainCircuit de CatalunyaBarcelona66
623 May14:0013:00MonacoCircuit de MonacoMonte Carlo78
730 May15:0013:00TurkeyIstanbul ParkIstanbul58
813 June18:0013:00CanadaCircuit Gilles-VilleneuveMontreal70
927 June14:0013:00EuropeValencia Street CircuitValencia57
1011 July13:0013:00Great BritainDonington ParkLeicestershire50
1125 July14:0013:00GermanyNürburgringNürburg60
121 August14:0013:00HungaryHungaroringBudapest70
1329 August14:0013:00BelgiumCircuit de Spa-FrancorchampsSpa44
1412 September14:0013:00ItalyAutodromo Nazionale MonzaMonza53
1526 September20:0013:00SingaporeMarina Bay Street CircuitSingapore61
163 October14:0006:00JapanSuzuka CircuitSuzuka53
1717 October07:0016:00KoreaKorean International CircuitYeongam County55
1831 October17:0013:00Abu DhabiYas Marina CircuitYas Island55
1914 November14:0017:00BrazilAutódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos)São Paulo71

That's one of the provisional bits :D

I just put that in for now but no doubt it will change.
Korea is 9 hours ahead so unless it's a night race (unlikely) then it's going to be very early here in the UK.

That'll be interesting. I assume they're not going to run FP1 at 4am. And will qualifying be a little later á la Singapore in order to run FP3?

Now, remembering the 2002 World Cup, 3:30pm was about 9am in Britain. There seemed to be ample light on those summer mornings watching the French being eliminated... but I digress!

It would just be plain weird to have a Grand Prix at sunrise (and it should be in Japan anyway) but I'd be interested to know how they're going to do Practice and Quali. Surely it would be better to start mid-morning, at Primetime in Europe? The Brazillian GP has competed quite effectively with Strictly Go Prancing in the last two years...

It might annoy the X Factor lot if it had to set off domestics up and down the country of F1 vs X Factor again, but hell, annoying Cowell is what we should all be aiming to do! I know what I normally watch during Strictly vs X Factor (namely anything else) so It'd be great. As long as it finishes before Match of the Day. (Which of course it would because its on the BBC).

Then again, thats just Quali, for Sunday it'll be F1 vs Heartbeat or whatever the hell ITV sticks on on Sundays nowadays...

Barichello/Heidfeld at Williams? I love the fact that Rubens seems to have done enough to get another drive in F1 and it must be great for him not to be linked with some good seats but I just can't see this one coming off. I've heard the Nick Heidfeld to Williams rumour today but not the Rubens one. I believe that Hulkenberg is as good as throwing Nakajima's kit out of his locker at Williams HQ as we type so its only going to be Rosbergs seat up for grabs.

Don't know if anyone caught this during the Jap GP but Jarno Trulli has been linked with a drive at Lotus due to his links with Mike Gascgoyne.

It's the first name I've heard in connection with the new team so I thought it would be worth sticking in the "rumour column".

Back
Top Bottom