2010 Driver & Chump of the Weekend

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
This is a summary of all the Driver and Chump of the Weekend threads and polls.

All polls are open ended so if you haven't already voted, please do so now.
If you have voted but wish to change your vote then that is also possible.

At the end of the season we'll do a final tally and see who is where.

We'll also be doing a Driver and Chump of the Season as well as a Team and Team Fail of the Season after the last race.

Happy voting!

Driver of the Weekend
f1_2010_DotW.png f1_2010_DotW_percentage.png
Green cells denote the driver with the most votes/highest percentage

Chump of the Weekend
f1_2010_CotW.png f1_2010_CotW_percentage.png
Green cells denote the driver with the most votes/highest percentage

The standings tables will be updated periodically so if they don't match with the votes on the threads it's simply because the latest votes haven't been counted.

P.S. If you do vote/change your vote, please consider posting on the thread as the reasons behind the votes are more interesting than the votes themselves. Also, it will make it easier for me to keep track of any changes :D

Standings just updated.

As they currently stand, Hamilton has won DotW 5 times and has the most overall votes.
Vettel has won CotW 3 times but Alonso has the most overall votes.

The number of votes for the Malaysia CotW is lower than the rest due to there being a "Chump free weekend" option which a number of people voted for.

We didn't do polls for Bahrain, maybe we should do them retrospectively?

At just over half way through the season, now's your chance to catch up on all the polls you haven't voted on.

The poll forum is here: GP Polls

Both tables updated.

Poor Nico Hülkenberg and Lucas di Grassi are yet to receive a single vote for DotW.
Lewis Hamilton has amassed the most votes overall by a considerable margin.
Second is Mark Webber and third Jenson Button.
What's quite shocking is how few votes Sebastian Vettel has received overall; just 4.

Quite a few drivers are still on 0 with regards to votes for CotW.
Sebastian Vettel has the most votes overall, followed by Michael Schumacher and then Fernando Alonso.

Brogan said:
Sebastian Vettel has the most votes overall, followed by Michael Schumacher and then Fernando Alonso.

Looks like Seb will have Chump of the weekend on 3 of the last 4 races, quality.....but what is it he'll need to change?

ATL11 said:
Brogan said:

Looks like Seb will have Chump of the weekend on 3 of the last 4 races, quality.....but what is it he'll need to change?

Well, my opinion is that he'll have to act a little less stupidly, on the whole.

It makes sense that Hamilton is leading this. He has frequently placed the McLaren higher than the car should have been. Plus he has had some great drives through the field from the back.

It makes sense that Vettel is high on the chump list because he has captured fewer points than the Red Bull should have earned.

Alonso is high on the chump list because he has weak character.

Batman said:
Alonso is high on the chump list because he has weak character.

I've tended to find that Alonso is on the list, even after half-decent performances on track, he says something which alienates voters, or acts in a way that alienates voters.

I could criticise Fernando Alonso for many reasons but a "weak character" is not one of them. I think Fernando's sense of self is probably one of the strongest in the paddock.

Brogan said:
We'll be doing driver and team of the season after the last race.

Oh I'm looking forward to the debate, the season still has some twists, turns and crashes by Vettel to come.......

Can I make a small suggestion on how the tables are calculated.

Currently we have the tables as the total number of votes received. As the number of users on the forum has expanded the popularity of this feature has doubled and in some cases tripled since the start of the season. This means any winners of CotW or DotW in the later races have a disproportionate number of votes compared to the early races.

Would it not be better to calculate the percentage of votes received per race and then total up those figures to get a more accurate result when its time to work out the overall winnners.

F1Yorkshire said:
Would it not be better to calculate the percentage of votes received per race and then total up those figures to get a more accurate result when its time to work out the overall winnners.
Check the first post :)

Back
Top Bottom