2010 Driver & Chump of the Weekend

snowy said:
ATL11 said:
Controversial, but I find Massa in the driver bracket that hasn't been able to adapt to the F1 changes in the cars as driving became in essence more difficult. e.g. smaller wheels, removing Traction Control. Was he a driver who was good because it was easier when a computer cut in to stop the wheels spinning, etc?

There was no traction control and all the driver aids that are currently outlawed were illegal in 2008. A season in which Felipe won more races than anyone else, comprehensively beat his team mate Kimi Raikkonen and come within a point of winning the Championship.

Spot on

Brogan said:
Massa also had the 3rd highest number of overtakes at 21, after Kovalainen's 31 and Hamilton's 26.

Won't this be assisted by his start at the back of the Grid in Singapore?

Brogan said:
Massa also had the 3rd highest number of overtakes at 21, after Kovalainen's 31 and Hamilton's 26.
:whistle: Drivers who starts on the back always have to overtake more than the drivers who starts first.
Ask Mr. Schumacher LOL

ATL11 said:
Brogan said:

Won't this be assisted by his start at the back of the Grid in Singapore?
What, in 2008, when he started from pole?!?

Okay good overtaking stats for 2008. I still though don't rate him, we can revert back to 2008 and pull out good and bad about him to cover either side of the argument.

In 2008 Massa had:

6 Poles
4 Front row starts
4 2nd Row starts
3 3rd Row starts
& a 9th (Silverstone - remember that race, was it 5 spins?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekx5bTSXjos

Total 53, so with 6 Poles he had 47 chances in 12 races to overtake people, assuming he had a good start for such a good driver (being Ferrari & all that). He also started 6 times behind Kimi, so going to reduce that down to 43 (assuming he couldn't & then could overtake Kimi in Japan & China). So he converted 21 of 43 chances, which is just under 50%. So even with a superior car (they won the constructors) he still couldn't overtake half the drivers in front of him with! - Ok Ok Ok I know some of them would be a McLaren so it would be difficulter....

6 Wins (compared to Lewis' 5) - Lewis won the Championship, wo with less wins was more consistent.
5 DNF's (compared to 4) - or didn't score aka Silverstone (we revert back to...imagine an 8th there instead of Torvill & Dean)

Think the final point is that Lewis made that 26th pass for position in the final corner of the final lap of the final race (Massa couldn't give himeself that opportunity, win or bust etc).

I myself was on the M25 at the time of the Brazil GP, driving home from watching Truck racing @ Brands, and had to listen to the Radio 5 commentator tell us he's lost and then won again, cause he hadn't seen the overtaking of Trulli.

Okay now my mind is spinning round like a Massa Ferrari @ a wet Silverstone.....

Sorry I couldn't resist.

But at least we solved all that in the end. :goodday:

Back
Top Bottom