2010 Driver & Chump of the Weekend

teabagyokel said:
How would this work with a points system? [I'll suggest anything to get the World Champion out of Top Chumps' position!]

Having the quickest car and been the quickest driver over one lap does not stop one been a chump. Both championships could have been wrapped up a lot earlier if not for his errors earlier in the season.

F1Yorkshire said:
teabagyokel said:
How would this work with a points system? [I'll suggest anything to get the World Champion out of Top Chumps' position!]

Having the quickest car and been the quickest driver over one lap does not stop one been a chump. Both championships could have been wrapped up a lot earlier if not for his errors earlier in the season.

You could say that of all the top 5 drivers though really

McLarenSupremo said:
F1Yorkshire said:
teabagyokel said:

You could say that of all the top 5 drivers though really

Apart from Jenson all the top 5 drivers were CotW at least once. Vettel may have made more individual errors than anyone else but he kept his nerve at the end of the season where it mattered most. He could of easily slipped up at any point and handed the title to someone else.

Been the top chump doesn't make him a less deserving champion, its just another title where he can claim the number 1 spot!

The relevance of these polls speak for themselves with HAM getting 14 votes for doing nothing in GBR,even voted for DOTW in Korea where he messed up a superb opportunity and Brazil,where ALO showed him who's boss. The only thing these polls reflect is perhaps the nationality of the members of this site.

Soumya said:
The relevance of these polls speak for themselves with HAM getting 14 votes for doing nothing in GBR,even voted for DOTW in Korea where he messed up a superb opportunity and Brazil,where ALO showed him who's boss. The only thing these polls reflect is perhaps the nationality of the members of this site.

LOL preach brother

Soumya said:

He was voted DOTW in Brazil by ONE of 28 people; and I believe that his car was significantly down on Alonso's at that race. Anyway, the contest was won by Sebastien Vettel.

The reason Hamilton took votes in the British GP was that he finished 1.3s behind Mark Webber on a racetrack where Red Bull were 8 tenths of a second clear in qualifying.

If you wish to dispute any other votes, go ahead, but I'm afraid this site has shown its willingness to criticise Hamilton for a mistake when it voted overwhelmingly to make him Chump at the Italian Grand Prix. He also received one vote at the Turkish GP, which is ever so slightly bizarre.

I feel that you should also remember that there are plenty of non-British users who've voted for him, in some cases reluctantly.

Back
Top Bottom