• Vettel's Championship win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rosberg & Petrov's Race Strategy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Time to nominate a single incident or event that deserves the CTA Champagne moment award. Difficult to see past Vettel's championship win but you might have other views.

Re: 2010 Adu Dhabi Grand Prix Champagne Moment

I'm not sure if these fit in the spirit of the 'champagne moment', but I'll post them up anyway.

Petrov for holding Alonso behind for the remainder of the race.

The viewers getting to see Alonso throw his toys out of the pram.

Seeing the 2008/2009/2010 champions up on the podium.

I'll take the last one Alex but were looking for positive moments really.

Well the first one was a big positive for Petrov, perhaps not worded so well. I certainly didn't expect him to cover Alonso off. :)

AlexM said:
Seeing the 2008/2009/2010 champions up on the podium.

I thought the congratulations and magnanimity of the McLaren guys showed Alonso up, frankly.

Go on then, I'll give you "Petrov defending his position against Alonso"

I would be tempted to say Vettel's final pole position lap. Hamilton had put the spot under pressure but his lap nicked it by 0.03 seconds in the end. It (just) got him into first corner leading, and let him drive on to take the title (and 10/19 poles for the season).

There were no real stand out moments in the race to celebrate.

One of the few highlights was Schumacher smiling while walking back down the pits after nearly having his head removed by Liuzzi's wheel. He really lets nothing phase him, I wouldn't be walking after an impact like that, my nerves would be shattered.

I'll second AlexM's 'Podium moment' with Vettel and the two Mclaren former champs.

Another champagne moment for me was Vettel realising, sometime after crossing the finish line, that he had actually won the World Championship rather than just the race.

It would have to be Heidfeld setting fastest laps for quite a while in that Sauber for me, he was flying at the time and could have finished higher up if he had shown that pace earlier in the race or during qualifying.

Vettel's reaction after the race for me. Most humble. Though i dread to think what he will be like next year as WC.

I was also quite pleased to see the last three world champions from the last three years topping the podium as Alex suggested.

...Can i also mention that this is not a champagne moment, its actually a (not very fizzy) fruit juice moment :rolleyes:

Grizzly said:
...Can i also mention that this is not a champagne moment, its actually a (not very fizzy) fruit juice moment
Ha yes! All three drivers did look a bit bemused by the lack of froth, didn't they? LOL

Petrov's drive... not for holding up Alonso, but for being able to defend for 40 laps when his race history this season suggested he MIGHT be able to hold on for about five laps before binning it...

Back
Top Bottom