The Olympics 2012

Got a message from a friend today saying her view from a cheap ticket for the diving was almost entirely going to be blocked by a speaker. Brilliant.

They've offered her a full refund, nothing, or watch the event then complain about it, and get a partial refund.

So far so exactly as expected.. And that is! Well below par... And I fully expect it to maintain the low standard it has set itself...

And judging from what I saw of Cameron on the news today, he is bricking it....

I sincerely hope the opening ceremony is a lot better in reality than the leaked bits of footage suggest. I do hope it's not going to be embarrassing & what on earth are they thinking of having live animals in the arena...it's not the Colosseum.
Fingers crossed the cleaning staff are good or we'll have "...and it's the first competitor in the triple jump, here he comes, hop - skip - oh dear, where's John Noakes??"

Just been watching some of the pictures on the BBC World News over here, and it looks like there's still quite a lot of clearing up work to be done around the stadium ...... for starters, some idiot's left a great pile of scrap scaffolding out the front? :givemestrength:

Can't we focus on some of the good things too? The Olympic torch has been met with thousands of excited people all over the country, the Team GB vs. New Zealand match broke records for the highest attendance at a women's football match, the Olympic village has been built on time and there never seemed to be any doubt about it not being ready etc. etc. etc.

There's been a couple of little mistakes, a lot of traffic (in London, what a surprise...) and a company or two have made false promises but the games hasn't even officially open yet and some people seem to be flogging it like a dead horse.

I must admit, I do take some pride in the quality of our moaning though!

The Red Arrows just flew over my office in Edinburgh as part of the olympics. Yay :)

I am looking forward to the opening ceremony, I have my beer and snacks bought and ready for getting home this evening. Despite all the negativity in the press ( and on here ) I am sure it will be spectacular.

EDIT:
A photo
Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 13.18.09.png

Olympic Ceremony Bingo!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcradio1/posts/10151124288881763

Would you like to play Olympic Opening Ceremony Bingo tonight? Here's what to look out for! Any additional bingos that you think we should look out for, post them below!

1. When they mention the Beijing Ceremony
2. When they mention Danny Boyle
3. When Paul McCartney turns up
4. When a farm animal escapes
5. When it rains
6. When they mention the cost of the ceremony
7. When they show someone looking really bored
8. When they show a close up on the Royal Family
9. When they show a shot of Usain Bolt
10. When the camera zooms in or out of the stadium
11. When they mention a country you never knew existed
12. When the torches ‘kiss’

I shall be turning this into a drinking game!

When they fail to explain the Independent Participants.

When a flag bearer waves his flag over-enthusiastically.

When a Polynesian nation come in wearing grass skirts.

One nation, one athlete, three officials.

Obvious CGI.

Awkward attempt to represent British history while ignoring war and Empire.

Well, I have loved one's on the way, barbeque is prepped and there's shit loads of booze on the side. Looking forward to the next few hours! Not looking forward to the epic hangover I KNOW is on the way! This won't happen again (at least in my lifetime) folks. Even the haters have to stop hating sometime. Enjoy.

I suspect I may well fall asleep - had a bit of a day - and will be delighted to watch the 'highlights' at a later stage.

Don't forget there is also the closing ceremony to get through as well.

Personally, I don't need an excuse to get rat-arsed, but I would be 'quietly pleased' if we won more medals than the Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom