The Olympics 2012

Why should there be?
He has to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

Linford Christie was DSQ'ed in his last 100m due to a false start.

Well you've paid for your ticket to watch the greatest sportsman of the 21st century so far, and he gets DSQ'ed because his leg twitched? I wouldn't be happy at home let alone after paying hundreds!

Sorry Jos, You can't have the poor chap representing Tristan Da Cunha booted out in round one cause of a leg twitch just because he runs the 100 metres in a time of two weeks and four days but not apply the same rule to Bolt in the final just because of who he is. The rules are for all and not just the slowest.

Linford Christie was DSQ'ed in his last 100m due to a false start.

Linford Christie is also a drugs cheat but everyone seems to forget about that. Especially now he is a "top coach".

After winning gold in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, Linford Christie was a hero to the British public. In 1999 Christie was found guilty of using the performance-enhancing drug nandrolone, following a routine doping test. At the time the sprinter was in semi-retirement when he tested positive, and claimed that the substance could have entered his system through legal supplements. He received a two-year ban, and the scandal left a shadow over his once illustrious career.

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were discussing was Bradly Wiggins winning the Tour likely to be the biggest sporting achievement of the year and one of the pundits said that in his opinion if Christine Ohurougu managed to retain her Olympic 400m title that would be one of the greatest achievements of the year. That would be this Christine Ohurougu:

Christine Ohuruogu was suspended from competing in the 2006 European Athletics Championships. The reason for this was that she missed three out-of-competition drug tests, known as the "whereabouts" system, of the World Anti-Doping Code; one in October 2005 and two in June 2006. According to IAAF and British Olympic Association rules, she received a one-year ban for missing these tests, which expired on 5 August 2007.

The British Olympic Association also imposed a lifetime ban excluding Ohuruogu from competing at future Olympic Games for Great Britain. She appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but the original decision was upheld. Ohuruogu submitted a further appeal, and stated that she would probably leave Britain and compete in the Olympics for another country if it was unsuccessful. Her Olympic ban was finally overturned on 27 November 2007.

It was a sad day when the BOC were forced to over turn their lifetime ban rule this year.

And in case you were wondering, so was Carl Lewis.

Another Olympic medal winner who encountered problems with drug use is track and field star Carl Lewis. The winner of 10 Olympic medals (nine of them gold), it was revealed in 2003 that Lewis had tested positive three times prior to the 1988 Olympics, for the banned stimulants pseudoephedrine, ephedrine and phenylpropanolamine. Since all three are found in cold medication, Lewis claimed to have used them inadvertently, and the United States Olympic Committee accepted this explanation, clearing him for competition. Lewis was never publicly sanctioned for this supposed �inadvertent� use.

So, in reality, Calvin Smith was the true gold medallist at Seoul in 1988.

Yeah, that 1988 race has gone down in history as the dirtiest race in the history of the 100m.

In the original race (before Johnson's disqualification), the runners who finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th would all fail, or go on to fail drugs tests. In fact of the top three Johnson failed his test after the race, Lewis had failed a test as described above and Christie was given "the benefit of the doubt" by a hearing panel after testing positive for a banned stimulant in a drugs test taken after the 200m heats.

The actual 1,2,3 should read:

Gold: Calvin Smith USA (originally 4th)
Silver: Robson Da Silva Brazil (originally 6th)
Bronze: Desai Williams Canada (originally 7th)

So, the Olympic organisers are my new friends! I had tickets for the football semi-final at Old Trafford, category C at £45 each. I just got a letter through the post saying that after inspection my seats are blocked by camera installations, so they've given me new tickets to replace them.... these happen to be in category A and are meant to cost £125 each but I get the upgrade for free!!

:D

My mum said to my dad that she liked the way the men's packages flopped about in the men's sprint races so my dad said you can have your pleasure as long as you don't mind me watching the ladies beach volleyball.

My mum is 73 and my dad is 81...:D

That's a pretty big cock-up. If this was in North Korea the person responsible would be in a forced labour camp faster than you could say 'it's still Korea, isn't it??'

Back
Top Bottom