Football Football World Cup 2022

this world cup reminds me of my trip to MK Dons & Stadium MK. you want to hate it but you cant because its been so good. the final group games & Knockout stages have been sublime. 2 incredible quarter finals of drama

disappointing Brazil have gone out, really wanted to see the brazil v Argentina semi. they couldnt defend the lead & credit to croatia 4th consecutive penalty shootout win & consecutive semi finals. its heck of an achievement

then the all the drama of the 2nd, with the 4 goals, 25 bookings, 5 fights, a dutch equaliser with final kick of the game. build up to the 1st this is why messi in my eyes will always be superior player of this generation. for his all round play. as he can lots of goals like many. but he also creates goals & can score a goal out of nothing & 2 shootouts show the difference between messi & neymar. messi takes the 1st penalty as he wants to give the team the best opportunity & neymar wanted the 5th for his own personal glory

what a result for Morocco. i find it astonishing this is 1st side to make last 4. considering the great African sides in previous world cups. Cameroon 90 Senegal 02 Ghana 10.

08D9842C-658D-4711-A255-BC34E7C198B4.jpeg

this gutting but there alot to be proud of. was very good display for large parts of the 2nd half we were the better side for large parts v world champs & WC favs, the difference between italy final & this is night/day

Southgate had his critics post nations league (me included), but he has more than proved he needs to stay. yes he struggles outside of major tournaments, but we have been crying out for decades for a manager that always turns up at the major tournaments. to reach a Semi final, Final & Quarter final was stuff of dreams 10 yrs ago. espically as til southgate we hadnt won a knockout game for 12 years

1 positive from the gloom, this game can only bring confidence for euro 2024. as keep at that level for the 1st time since 1970. we could be genuine favourites for the title

argentina & messi in the final. not what many thought when they lost to Saudi Arabia. after tonight i wont say he's the best as its impossible to judge because like F1 how to do you judge between just for example from 60s 70s & 80s pele, cruyff, Maradona. but he's certainly in the top 5 & you wouldnt know he was 35. as at this world cup its like he rewound the clock to his mid 20s.

but 1 thing i think it has done at the world cup, ended any debate of who is better. ive always liked messi. as i thought the debate ended after 2011 champions league final. but outside of that his all round game far exceeded ronaldo

thats is the issue with african countries at time, that they have great hidden talents but opportunity is the problem. but then that comes down to all the funding issues shall we say. detailed in fifa uncovered & money that was for pitches & development, disappeared

sport rarely does fairytales just in F1 you look at schumacher or Hakkinen off top of my head. as normally legends go out on a low. but glad for he messi deserved that world cup. its what his genius deserved. as he is undoubtedly best of his generation but i cant say greatest as its impossible to choose between so many like. Pele, Maradona, Zidane, even Cryuff

i was stunned how france have got back into it. because they were terrible for 80 mins outplayed. then that mad few minutes & im thinking they couldnt get lucky a 3rd time. which if it wasnt for incredible saves by martinez in that absolute mad period of extra time they would have. but on that extra time. ive never know a team nearly win it in 123rd min & nearly lose it in the 124th

weirdly it was very nearly dejavu, before the french penalty as in 1986, when Argentina had last won they were 2-0 up. germany brought it back to 2-2 but Argentina found the winner for 3-2

its been a brilliant world cup footballing wise & there is a case to say that winter world cup helped with form, as so many stars brought their A Game & i wouldn't be averse to it being winter again. but the only issue & its a topic well discussed on the other page. how it was won Qatar didnt get the hosts because it was the best bid, they won because of multiple shady deals. & if your going to bid for winter world cup say so at the start.

Last edited:
I thought it would be great for Messi to win the World Cup and then I saw footage of the Argentinian team chanting stuff in the dressing room after the Semi's that, had it been England, would have seen us thrown out of the tournament.

**** 'em and **** this world cup.

Glad its over

Yes but we won the war, victors are not allowed to celebrate, the also rans can sing and say what they like, in other words aggressive losers are the new heroes, I did say right at the beginning that the winner would not come from the Northern hemisphere

Last edited:
I thought it would be great for Messi to win the World Cup and then I saw footage of the Argentinian team chanting stuff in the dressing room after the Semi's that, had it been England, would have seen us thrown out of the tournament.

**** 'em and **** this world cup.

Glad its over
as england fans. i dont know if we are allowed to comment with out being hypocrites. considering we are known for singing "2 world wars & 1 world cup do da do da" "10 german bombers"

victors are not allowed to celebrate,
Yes, they can celebrate all they want but imagine if the English team were filmed in the dressing room singing the equivallent of this:

That's how I am. I'm Argentine. F---'in English, we'll never forget the Falkland Islands.
That's how I am, I'm here to support, I will follow Argentina everywhere."

as england fans. i dont know if we are allowed to comment with out being hypocrites. considering we are known for singing "2 world wars & 1 world cup do da do da" "10 german bombers"

That's the English fans not the English team.

Imagine if the English team sang this in the dressing room?

The Argentine fans can sing what they like, bad taste or otherwise. We have idiots among our supporters who do the same. The teams should be above that.

Recently the Irish womens team were filmed singing a song in support of the IRA. What's wrong with these people?

If the teams are seen to do it then it makes stopping things like racist or other inapropriate chants harder to stop.

I can't believe I'm having to defend this opinion.

Back
Top Bottom