Music The Music Thread

As the world cup is on (apparently!), I thought this might be appropriate. The theme from Italia '90. Oh, and it might be from some opera or other...

I was a little bit unsure which thread to post this in! The music or world cup thread.

Probably one of the most haunting, poignant songs ever written, the song was written in commemoration of the twenty-nine men who perished November 10, 1975 onboard the Great Lakes freighter SS Edmund Fitzgerald when the ship sank in Lake Superior during a November storm.

Some Turkish stuff that I'm guessing all of you have never heard.

I'll get the wife to translate :D

Good call on Massive Attack McZ :thumbsup:

Just been wandering around youtube, opening a few doors and seeing what's inside, so to speak and thought, its been a while since I posted some tunes on the music thread so here are a few:

Great video and great song from a massively underrated British band. Proves that not everything that came out of Swindon was :censored:

Same band this time with one of the greatest messages to "god" of all time. :D

Great Song, Great Album, shame they pee'd away millions of pounds and busted their friendship for 20 years to make it but hey-ho !!

and finally, like so many bands that get known for just one song, people never bother listening to some of their other stuff and don't know what they are missing.

cider_and_toast said:
Great video and great song from a massively underrated British band. Proves that not everything that came out of Swindon was :censored:

The A419 is a great road,what you on about? LOL

My favourite flautist, spans from the '60s...

...through the seventies...

...the Eighties...

...to the Nineties.

Marvellous!

I have very eclectic tastes. Why just yesterday I played everything from Jay-Z to Imogen Heap to Van She to Crystal Castles to..

Joe Hisaishi!

Please enjoy. :goodday:

I enjoyed the first vid you posted, Enja. :)

I'm enjoying the different tastes in music in this thread, particularly the music that I would never have heard otherwise, like yours and the vids posted by Banus and Brogan, for example...

Gert mint! :D

Well it's all thanks to you McZ, you started the thread.

I've also heard some stuff that I probably would never have heard so :thumbsup:

Gosh! You're welcome... :embarrassed: :D

I've just watched the Men At Work vid, Overkill, posted by C_a_T. I bought that track as a single back in the eighties. Played it on my first record player... that track brought back some memories! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom