Music The Music Thread

McZiderRed said:
I enjoyed the first vid you posted, Enja. :)

I'm enjoying the different tastes in music in this thread, particularly the music that I would never have heard otherwise, like yours and the vids posted by Banus and Brogan, for example...

Gert mint! :D

Good to hear it. Nice to know that people are open about their musical tastes, too many people fall into one genre, adore it, and as part of their social sphere feel peer pressure to stick to that genre. It happens a lot with kids, teenagers and young adults ironically at a time when they are exploring and discovering. I always try to stay open to anything that comes my way and I encourage everyone to do the same. Glad you liked that first one :thumbsup:

Let's push this a bit further.. LOL

One of the finest rappers of his generation.. and some other stuff.

A couple of tunes that I've been listening to today.

This one was written by Paul Simon after Art Garfunkal went off to shoot a film in Mexico. (Hence the line about knowing his part will go fine at the start). Simon was extremely p'eed off by it because recordings were well underway on the Bridge over troubled water album and the friendship between the two of them had all but fallen apart. It describes the isolation that Simon felt as he was on his own in New York. I have to say I love so many forms and types of music but knowing the story behind songs really lifts them to another level.

And the this one is a flipping great song, a flipping great video and a flipping great band.

How about this from the BodyRockers?

Instead of the standard music video though, I've gone for something more in keeping with the site :D

:censored: , I just have to listen to some glam/sham rock...

First, "Yes". On my mate's stereo it sounded a bit weird to me..!

I gradually grew to like it though!

Asia. A much maligned band. In the heat of the moment...1982.. I'm still struggling to find something wrong with the song... :dunno:

An then we have Whitesnake..! David Coverdale... I still remember my late cousin's* record sleeve with the naked lady "riding" that snake..!

*died August 2008. May he rest in peace....

The term "Super Group" is over used, but in this instance I believe it's warranted...

The Travelling Wilbury's were made of:

- George Harrison: the Beatle that was largely ignored.
- Jeff Lynne: the voice of ELO, the Electric Light Orchestra.
- Roy Orbison: The Big 'O'. What a voice!
- Tom Petty: He made the Heartbreakers...
- Bob Dylan: needs no introduction.

Wow. What a line-up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuA ... r_embedded

... and note the empty rocking chair, for the late Roy Orbison, in this next video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4 ... r_embedded

RIP, George Harrison and Roy Orbison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_Wilburys

They won't allow me to embed the video's, sorry...

On the subject of my late grandparents (you mean you weren't paying attention! )...

OK. Grandad McZ loved Nat King Cole. So, to save you the long and the short of it, here's the short of it....

I listen to this track, shut my eye's and I'm back in the 1970's, in my grandparent's council house in Avonmouth, listening to their brand new stereo...

... you know, the kind of stereo that stretches the length of the room.

Modern music is fine, but the oldies have that certain something..

.. don't they?!

If you ever get the chance, take a moment to listen to Johnny Cash, a/k/a the Man in Black..............here's a few of his songs................

The Man Comes Around

I Walk The Line

Ring of Fire

A Boy Named Sue

........more in the next post..............

Johnny Cash is an absolute legend.

:thumbsup:

Folsom Prison Blues is one of my all time faves.

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die" how cool a line is that.

One of my other Johnny Cash faves is Sunday Morning Coming Down. I'll have a look around and see if I can find it. I know I've got it on CD in the car but that's not much use here.

:D

Absolutely spot on McZ

And may I add to the list, this classic and my fave Ian Dury and the Blockheads song.

I must admit, I searched high and low for some Bob Dylan videos, but with little success... :disappointed:

But, I did manage to find some YouTube sound-tracks, although without video...

I used to frequent a public house called The Sportsman, on Neville Road, Horfield, Bristol, just up the road from the County Ground (Cricket) and the pub had an excellent jukebox (circa 1987). One of the tracks to choose from was this...

Another track which conjures up memories of the Sportsman pub, with it's smoke filled halls of pool tables, is this...

And, I know you're hankering after a video, so there's this homage to Bob Dylan, by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett..

How many tracks, in your life time, catch you by surprise when you heard it...

This one caught me even more off guard..!

(The advert with the coloured balls didn't impress me!)

And then we have the Happy Mondays. :) Cor blimey, bring back the late '90's!

Wahahahahay! Wahahahahay!

Nice one, Banus. :thumbsup:

My contribution for tonight - Squeeze.

Up the Junction.

Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)... what can he mean? LOL

I know I've posted this before but this version is absolutely amazing. Carries a lot of meaning for me this song but although it makes me thoroughly miserable I still love it.

Back
Top Bottom