That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't we expecting some sort of big announcement today on the future of Michael Schumacher? According to Eddie Jordan something should have been announced today. Well it is today and nothings happen.

Di Resta is a perfect replacement for Hamilton at Mclaren because he has history with the team as test driver and winner of Young Driver award like Button.... also managed by Button's management and they know his abilities

Also being contracted to Mercedes might soften any deal Mclaren may get out of Merc on the engines front...I'd certainly haggle a few million off for taking on Di Resta if I was Mclaren
------------------

Someone mentioned Heikki...well he's been touted as possibly for the front running teams and considering he has usually led Caterham to be the best of the backmarkers is impressive. He blew away Trulli and sent him into retirement which I don't think it was expected given Jarno was suppose to be a 1 lap master

-----------------

Perez denied any talk with Mclaren ...I'm sure he might change his mind now MAssa may stay at Ferrari

-----------------------

Hulkenburg - dubbed the "Next big thing " when he first came onto the scene and I have to say he has started to show flashes of it

If Ron Dennis was the boss I would have said he would get the seat remember how he signed PRost, Senna, Hakkinen , and Raikkonen at first opportunity available

But with Whitmarsh less certain

but he will get a top seat possibly the Mercedes seat when Rosberg's contract runs out I feel in 2014 if they can;t land Hamilton or Vettel

Someone mentioned Heikki...well he's been touted as possibly for the front running teams and considering he has usually led Caterham to be the best of the backmarkers is impressive. He blew away Trulli and sent him into retirement which I don't think it was expected given Jarno was suppose to be a 1 lap master

I can't remember where exactly I heard it, but I remember someone recently saying that Heikki believes he's the fastest qualifier in F1.

Merc, 'cos Schumie has had enough and Lewis (and his management) are hoping to prove a point - should that happen Lewis is scuppered.

I'm not particularly bothered; I'll still enjoy his racing and skill behind the wheel, but it would be nice if he's competing up at the sharp end with the other top drivers.

This may be off topic, but in a funny way, I think it would be good for him to move to merc, work with a new team, New ideas, no baggage etc. A new environment can work wonders for a person. And having a re-invigorated driver join the team could also help the team.

Either way, I am with you Brogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom