That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think this is a very poor move from Hamilton. McLaren are highly likely to fight for the title next season, while it is unlikely Mercedes will. He would have probably had his best chance since 2008, looking at it logically, with such small rule changes.

2014 is a huge gamble and many experts have said whoever gets the best engine could gain over a second, so even if Mercedes has an advantage over McLaren, if Renault or Ferrari make a better engine then they'll likely be slower anyway.

Aerodynamics will still be important and McLaren will get the exact same engine as Mercedes and will likely have more time to spend on making a better car. I would be surprised if Mercedes come out faster than McLaren in 2014.

I'm 90% sure Hamilton would not have moved if it wasn't for his management team, who are just obsessed by making more money at Mercedes. Hamilton often shows that he is easily lead and often does not make his own decisions when it comes to things like race strategy, down force levels, etc. I guess the same has happened here and this time it will likely affect his whole career.

The point maybe he fails to get is that if he isn't winning, which is likely at Mercedes, at least in the short-term, then he isn't going to be as "famous" and thus the sponsors he'll attract will not be the same anyway.

I'm just in a bit of a dilemma now because I have a love/hate relationship with McLaren. I support them, but they frustrate me an awful lot. But I just cannot see myself supporting Mercedes. So I'm likely going to be supporting a driver and then a different constructor.

So mclaren have now officially confirmed perez as button's team-mate at mclaren for 2013... This will be an interesting partnership- as sp is fast and has great tyre conserving abilities....

It will be interesting to see when mclaren allow Hamilton to start working with Mercedes- after Ross brawn blocked button doing any work for mclaren until 1st January 2010.....

What I will say is that Mclaren have had many many top drivers of unbelieveable talent leave them (Prost, Senna, Hakkenien, Kimi even Alonso) that its been thought they can't live without and despite the occasional slight slump they have always always come back to the fore. Love em or hate em they know how to produce F1 cars so all this talk of Whitmarsh will rue this etc etc is just silly. Mclaren will do what they always do - focus on the drivers they've got and concentrate on building the best car they can.

I think we'll have to wait a good decade or so until the books start coming out but I'm interesting to see whether Ron and Lewis are on speaking terms. Was very interesting he chose not to turn up for the Monza win after party photo thing. I think it shows that he might have been a bit disgruntaled with Lewis. I specualte though. He could just have had a plane to catch.

I have to say, I think Perez could give Button a run for his money. The reason I like Perez is because he has that instictive overtaking ability I've seen in Hamilton. He'll definitely be getting poles and wins next year.

I'm delighted :cheer:

The grid needed shaking up after the last 3 years where the top teams have all had the same drivers. A new challenge, not only for Hamilton and Perez but also for Rosberg and Button.

For me though, the most fascinating aspect is this: Perez is going to McLaren - not Ferrari. That says to me that Vettel to Ferrari is a done deal. I can see no other reason for Ferrari letting Perez go. He's good enough for McLaren but not to replace Massa?!?!?

My thoughts exactly. Which means we have a whole year and a half to debate who's getting that Red Bull seat! In fact with Webber going too thats 2 seats up for grabs for 2014.

Quick everyone! to the Red Bull thread...................

I have to say, I think Perez could give Button a run for his money. The reason I like Perez is because he has that instictive overtaking ability I've seen in Hamilton. He'll definitely be getting poles and wins next year.

Question is, will Hamilton be getting poles and wins next year? Doubt it. -.-

Interesting that McLaren got their announcement in first... When did Perez sign?

Senna's_right_foot
It may well be true that Hamilton's fans never mention the words conspiracy theories, but there are a number of very vocal fans who persist with suggesting things are awry, whether with Whitmarsh, mechanics, preferable strategies, deliberate fumbles, deliberate mistakes with respect to wing choice, ....

There are also people who claim that man has never walked on the moon - and they never mention the words conspiracy theories either!

I'm with RasputinLives - no conspiracy suggested by me. I've never gotten into those discussions. :bored:

I was just admiring McLaren on their decisive move to get Sergio. :thumbsup:

I wonder if maybe Schumacher's future is what has held things up. For Merc to say Hamilton is arriving, they have to say Michael is leaving. It's a delicate move to have to make if Schumacher is not intent on retiring :).

Pèrez to McLaren?

cheering_man.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom