Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

There's an interview with Lewis on Sportsweek on 5Live - interesting comments on how some drivers don't respect money given their family background. The podcast will be here, when the BBC eventually get round to uploading it.

BBC Radio 5 live - Sportsweek - Downloads

Says the guy that uses private jets to fly his dogs around the world and seems to only hang out with celebrities? Hmmmm.

Yet ironically it was apparently at the slowest corner in Monaco where he managed to hit three parked cars in his £1.5 million Pagani Zonda.

I bet the repair bill for the Zonda alone is more than a decent family car.

I suspect the combined repair bill of the other cars involved would probably provide the majority of people with a comfortable income for several years.

So he was coming home at 3am in a Zonda and hit 3 parked cars, then felt unwell and had to delay his flight.
So drink driving after a party followed by a massive hangover with a bit of whiplash?

or...... :thinking:

Really! Police and everything. Ok.

When I first heard he had had a bump it all sounded like a parking error in a supercar. Understandable.

But now its 3 cars hit and the police and being breathalised and a 'fever'.
Something dodgy is going on.

Looking back Hamilton probably did the right thing in taking the initiative and disclose the incident himself via social media. It could have been a messy situation if he'd kept quiet about it and the story had come out in the tabloids first (which it certainly would have). It would have been a bigger controversy...

Last edited:
A similar thing happened to my brother years ago. He wasn't drinking either, it was a simple matter of falling asleep at the wheel. When you get really, really tired, you are impaired similar to being drunk. I don't know if this is the case, but it could be

Back
Top Bottom