Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm tired of reading about it.

Quite frankly I don't understand why you would want to be compared to one of the worst drivers in terms of aggression and using their car as a battering ram, who is only idolised for the simple fact that he died during his career.
There. I said it.

all those journalists who have articles about it pre-written and ready to hit send are gutted and have to do some proper journalism.
They will have two articles already written; one for if he does equal it, one for if he doesn't.

LOL I remember the faces after Hungary. Everyone thought he was gonna win by a margin, then he ended up off the podium and on the gravel. No one knew what to say after that race. So, that was worth it to see the faces of some "journalists" or "reporters" or whatever they call themselves. LOL
Though, he will probably win or come 2nd this weekend....

I guess in terms of race wins he's now matched another Formula 1 legend: Sebastian Vettel :victory:

Monaco 2011: 15th wins-Vettel matches Hamilton.
Germany 2011: 16th wins-Hamilton matches Vettel.
That's the last time they had the same number of wins.

Russia 2015: 46th wins-Hamilton matches Vettel.

Also:
Italy 2013: Vettel catches Alonso, 32 wins.
USA 2014: Hamilton catches Alonso, 32 wins.

Last edited:
Pachelbel's Canon was written in the 17th century which I feel pre-dates Adele. It is not a difficult piece of music but Hamilton is playing it quite capably, maybe his friend Adrian gave him some lessons.:)

Yeah bitches, leave Nico alone!
image.jpeg

Jackie Stewart was a great racing driver and a very smart man but my god is he quoted as saying some crap in the media now days.

I blame the journalists just as much as Jackie though.

I don't necessarily consider he's talking crap. The validity of what he is saying is founded in the belief that the true judgement of a driver is measured accurately once they're retired and their achievements can be judged without the emotion that tends to cloud our analysis of active drivers. His is a very valid point of view. He drove alongside many of the sports greats who were never judged as greats until they were no longer active, himself included. His comments are in no way a criticism of any of the current drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom