Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Well this should make Nico think twice about throwing his cap at Lewis next year. LOL

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.57.23.png

Standing square to an opponent is very bad in boxing. It gives him a bigger target to aim for and leaves you with less balance.

LOL

So whilst Lewis gets his right jab sorted Sebastian Vettel is putting some miles in around Paul Ricard in his Ferrari. I saw an interview with Lewis a little while ago on Sky where he said he doesn't like testing. I wonder when we come to the first wet race of the season he will regret not insisting Mercedes take part.

Lewis never tested with Mclaren when he didn't't have too either. I do find it odd considering the lack of track time available to drivers now days but then I'm not a three times world champion so I guess I Don't see everything.

I believe Lewis wanted to test with McLaren and asked if he could do so, but Whitmarsh wouldn't let him because it wouldn't have been fair to Jenson who was tied up with another engagement. So the test drivers tested.

Yeah that's a load of rubbish. There was one testing session where JB had an engagement (booked by Mclaren I might add) it's true but there were numerous occasions Lewis didn't run in testing for Mclaren and they ran the test drivers. Whilst I'm sure it had to do with Mclaren team policy to some extent I also thought Lewis would push more to be in the car.

I'm not attacking him by the way just making an observation. There are many drivers who hated testing and did it very rarely (Nigel Mansell and Kimi for instance) and those that want to be in the car every minute of the day (Vettel and Senna). It's whatever works for the driver.

By the way the 'it was WhitMarsh's fault and he hated Lewis' stuff is really old and unfounded. Even Lewis has said its not true.

I'd still be out there getting as much time on the new tyres as I can and making sure my input was fed back.

But like I said he's a three time world champion and I'm not.

Yeah that's a load of rubbish. There was one testing session where JB had an engagement (booked by Mclaren I might add) it's true but there were numerous occasions Lewis didn't run in testing for Mclaren and they ran the test drivers. Whilst I'm sure it had to do with Mclaren team policy to some extent I also thought Lewis would push more to be in the car.

What's a load of rubbish? You just agreed that incident happened, so why is it a load of rubbish?

Yup, the drivers gain nothing from doing miles in an F1 car, getting their muscles up to speed with the rigors of driving and practicing their race craft in wet weather conditions. This would explain why Vettel decided to take the 2014 Ferrari out for a some laps at Fiorano, nothing to be gained at all.

The majority of football, tennis, cricket, baseball, cycling, athletics, rugby, volleyball, handball, squash, golf, darts, swimming, fencing, billiards, basketball and boxing participants see value in practice.

Back
Top Bottom