Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

"Red Bull is a great team and it's like giving Ferrari our engine. We're here to win so we don't really need it. There's no financial benefit really in it, so I think we're good where we are."

post-41520-darth-vader-most-impressive-gi-zRDO.gif

GQ Awards 2015

Lionel Ritchie – GQ ‘s icon of the year
Lewis Hamilton – GQ ‘s sportsman of the year
Sam Smith – GQ ‘s solo artist of the year
Kim Jones – GQ ‘s designer of the year
Blur – GQ ‘s band of the year
J.J.Abrams – GQ ‘s cultural icon of the year
Giorgio Moroder – GQ ‘s inspiration of the year
Jose Mourinho – GQ ‘s editor special award of the year
David Gandy – GQ ‘s stylish man of the year

COdkklyWgAA40_t.jpg

He said: "I am not approaching this weekend thinking that if I win this race I will equal him. It doesn't matter if it is this weekend, next weekend or the weekend after, I will eventually have the same number of wins as Ayrton. If Ayrton had been able to continue, he would have won many more races and many more championships, so I think I am carrying the baton for both of us and striving to win more for the both of us. I think if he was around, we would be friends."

It really is quite weird that Senna and Lewis could end up with the exact same start to win stats at the end of this weekend.
To be such a big Senna fan and then, come to this point in Lewis career where a win would make him his hero's statistical equal. In some ways this must be playing on his mind.

It's almost too bizarre that such different paths in F1 have come to the same meeting point.

Lewis 160 starts 40 wins
Senna 161 starts 41 wins.

Kind of but not kind of. If this was Lewis last race ever and he was going to end with the same record then I'd say it was a really talking point. However its not and he'll do more race and have more wins.

Senna actually reached 41 wins on 158 races so even that doesn't stand up either. It is a stat that will match for all of a fortnight and get a lot of press coverage but mean very little.

Back
Top Bottom