Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Apart from Barcelona, Hamilton has finished every single race in the top 5 and has as many top 5's so far in 2013 than in the whole of 2011 and 2012, despite Mercedes tyre problems and other issues he's been the epitome of consistency, albeit consistently 3rd-5th, and if he can stay ahead of Kimi in the standings, it would be his highest championship finish since he won the title in 2008

Unfortunately for Lewis today, the WO4 didn't have the pace to compete with either Sebastian or Fernando, but still a good drive on his part.

Outstanding performances today from both Vettel and Alonso, especially Vettel's start.

I must say I enjoyed our little debate Hamberg I'm not saying you're right and I'm wrong I'm just saying you put forward some good points and I enjoyed reading them, as always..:)

Now I'm off to watch a film called "Nobody lives."

Last edited:
I think it was more of a reaction to digging up an incident over 5 years ago KekeTheKing which for us neutrals is a bit (a lot) dull now. It doesn't really matter what the rights and wrongs were it's never going to change the result going back over it again and again and again.

I would have never brought it up on my own. But with there being so many erroneous posts I felt compelled to interject a few truths into the matter.

edit- And the gist of my post was in regards to how Hamilton should, and does apparently, feel about that Grand Prix.

Last edited:
LH.jpg

Lewis Hamilton is a fantastic racing driver but his biggest problem is that he is up and down like a yo-yo over a weekend, as we saw again with his reaction after qualifying and the race.

If it's all motoring along nicely and the dog's happy and so on, he's all upbeat.

But I don't think the team know which guy is going to appear at the track on a Thursday.

Compare that with Vettel. I'm sure every Thursday when he walks into the paddock he is the same bloke.
Hamilton needs to become a man who can separate work and home life much more effectively.

Look at how robust Michael Schumacher was throughout his career, just fending off all that stuff. That's how you need to be. The rest of the stuff on the outside doesn't matter.

In my opinion, Hamilton doesn't bring that to the party.

Comments from Gary Anderson on his BBC Blog post Italian GP. The line about the dog made me laugh.

Compare that with Vettel. I'm sure every Thursday when he walks into the paddock he is the same bloke.
Hamilton needs to become a man who can separate work and home life much more effectively.

Perhaps because he knows he will be stepping into one of the fastest cars on the grid and will probably win. Lewis hasn't moved too far on from McLaren in not knowing whether he will have a that can win or not. The only positive he can take is that he's not at McLaren anymore...

I find Gary Anderson to be spot on quite often, but this line is complete rubbish.
I don't think the team know which guy is going to appear at the track on a Thursday.

Are we talking about the same guy who was basically on Pole Position from June 29th through September 7th this year? Because I find it hard to fathom how GA put the pieces of that puzzle together. How could the guy who nicked 4 straight Poles be accused of being anything other than magnificently consistent before his admittedly pedestrian effort at Monza.

He botched Quali in Italy, held his hand up and collected a few points for his troubles anyway. He was almost due to get bounced in Q3 at some point in time, seeing that he was on a record run of 67 straight.

Lewis may seem melodramatic at times during a Grand Prix meeting, leading some people to speculate whether his driving will be affected, but you can bet that everyone in the paddock knows that when the chips are down and it's time to pump in a hot lap, Hamilton will be giving it the full treatment.

Yep, he can't hide his feelings and people jump on that, but all through the dog, the on/off girl friend, the suggestions he isn't focused etc, he's there pumping in the poles, scoring points and getting a win. Non of which was expected this year.....well, ok points were :D

Indeed it is, and they all make them. Lewis is particularly hard on himself when he does it....but they all do it.
Alonso hit vettel in Malaysia then didnt pit , quite a big error.
Kimi, had his collision with Perez in China when he expected him to move off the racing line...and a couple of quali glitches in Malaysia and Canada.
Vettel this season has been pretty fault free. He did lock up going into the first corner at Monza flat spotting his tyre, but such is his car advantage that he can ride small errors without too great a penalty.
And Lewis had his quali error.
So yes. They all make errors, and when you're one if the best it's a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom