Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Aaaaah ....

The bitter sweet ebb and flow of loves' tumultuous adventure,
Were it so simple to be together and restful to be apart,
The separation of time and distance would not be such a torture,
Nor such a strain on each, both or either lovers heart,
The super style lives of a Pussy Cat Doll and a racing driver,
Are bound mercilessly to be rocky twixt every start, stop and restart.

Fenderman. 13.08.2013

I am trying to remember Hamilton was suppose to be the master of Monaco until probably 2011 blew that theory

He has always been mighty at Singapore and Abu Dhabi

Brazil I think its more of his lucky/ unlucky track as he lost and won the title there

He has not won on this track

Got a podium in 2009

Gifted Alonso a few more points in 2010, then had gearbox problem and taken out in subsequent years
---------------------

He has a poor record at Monza apart from winning last year either if I remember

2nd, 7th after messing up quali and a mix up in with the pit stop, crashed out 09 and 10,

2011 was a subdued 5th,

----------------------

Am I right in saying Hamilton has not won in Bahrain

Fenderman.....over here across the big pond, and very soon we will be receiving the Al Jazeera cable channel....hopefully I 'll be able to watch a re-broadcast of that interview.

A bit of off topic.....I just finished watching Barclay's Premier League for the first time, match between Arsenal and Aston Villa. I believe that a strong fan base will start to devlop here in the States for this series........good stuff.....Getting ready to watch Manchester United, and already I can say :censored: them..........:D

Or the "no shit Sherlock" thread alongside McLaren not expecting to win in Belgium.

You have to feel sorry for the motoring press. 6 weeks and only one GP leaves a lot of column inches to fill. It's been made worse by a certain little grey haired gentleman falling off the radar due to his own bit of bad press.

Just another thought though, the gap between Hamilton and Vettel is not too far off the gap between Vettel and Alonso at this stage last year and Vettel clawed that back so who knows. It would certainly be one of the least expected championships of all time.

I'm just happy to see what happens in each race as it comes and hope that the season gets better in the second half because it has been pretty dire up to this point in proceedings, and no matter who comes out on top it definitely ain't goin' to go down in history as a classic F1 season and that's for sure...

In truth this is quite possibly the most boring F1 season I have ever watched unfold..

Last edited:
I think it's had it's moments but you are right, it's not been a classic.

It really does need someone to step up and challenge Vettel consistently so that the title fight goes down to the wire.

At the moment Hamilton seems the most likely to make that challenge. Kimi and Alonso need to find more speed while Hamilton has the speed, the car / tyres need to be more consistent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom