Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Usually when teams change one driver, the incumbent gets the lower number. This would seem to be what Mercedes are doing, with Rosberg 9 and Hamilton 10.

Not that it matters, of course.

racecub - like who? Are you talking about Schumacher? He seems to have done quite well aganst Rosberg this year despite have so many mechanical failures. Lots of drivers are superstitious about certain numbers and other things, but I guess when you live life on t he edge, a little superstition can be a good thing.

No I wasn't thinking about Schumacher. I wasn't thinking about any specific driver. I think any of them with complete self belief don't need conformation with a number.

I don't want to create a massive argument, but what exactly is this award meant to be for and why does Lewis deserve it when a certain other British driver....

Sorry, couldn't resist.. ;)

Brogan... No the most contrived award goes to:
James Calado, for the " most meritorious performance in single-seater racing." (The Graham Hill Trophy)
or perhaps
MARTIN BRUNDLE and ALEX BRUNDLE, for the " highest-placed finishing British and/or Commonwealth Driver(s), in a British car, in the Le Mans 24-Hour Race." (The Woolf Barnato Trophy)
or how about:
FERNANDO ALONSO for the "driver setting the fastest race lap of the season on the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit" (The Johnny Wakefield Trophy)

Wouldn't that be a Ross, Nico, Lewis, Aldo (Former chief designer at Ferrari, sacked because the car was pony), Bob (Former chief designer at Renault, cars went off the boil once the Tuned mass damper was banned) , Geoff (Left BAR after it became apparent that his designs were aerodynamically flawed, left Red Bull for unclear reasons, designed the HRT car, left for no apparent reason), Niki (Former racing driver who was drafted in to ensure the success of Jaguar (Sacked) and the success of Ferrari (1992, sacked), Norbert, combo.....

Why do you feel the need to put down Lewis' new team before he even starts there? You could have said ...Ross Brawn and Aldo Costa - winning combination that yielded 7 world championships. Bob Bell - hugely successful Technical Director at Renault during the highly successful 2005/6 years. We don't know how this team will gel, but there are some very successful people in there, from driver, through technical expertise to team principal. Lets give them a chance eh?

Back
Top Bottom