Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I have just read that article and it is quite interesting but you appear to have done a lot of reading between the lines with your post and made reference to things which just aren't there.

The most interesting thing for me is how he rates Vettel against Alonso and Hamilton. He doesn't put the German down but effectively says that, in comparison to Fernando and Lewis, Vettel is still an unknown quantity as he hasn't been tested and shone in a car that hasn't been the class of the field. I agree with that, for what it's worth, although I know a lot of people don't.

I should have made it clearer with a ...IMHO.........sorry

I said ages ago that LH ( or FA) at Red Bull would be boring........
Much as I am not happy that LH has left McLaren....the shake-up makes for an exciting 2013?
But as Brogan keeps saying....LH could end up with just the one WDC....which would be a travesty.

In order to do well in Formula 1, you've got to do well in every respect. You've got to have the best technology, you've got to have the best teamwork, you've got to have the best management and you have to have the best drivers.

I can't believe Nick Fry had the brass neck to say this. If he really wants to help Mercedes move forwards he should bugger off.

But the 2009 Honda was AMAZING! The main architect of Honda's failure was surely the competition they faced and the desperation of the Honda board. I very much doubt that Nick Fry is completely useless by any stretch of the imagination. Ross probably kept him on because he was happy with the way he was performing his duties.

To be fair, though, I know little about him but I just thought that the vitriol was perhaps a bit harsh. My basis to refute your scathing remarks of him are, at best, poorly informed.

:thumbsup:

Ron Dennis was asked if it was possible to keep Hamilton at McLaren, he replied "categorically, yes".

Certainly is interesting. I wonder if it was money, lack of personal sponsorship or the niggly stuff like keeping trophies (or all of it) that made Hamilton leave. I doubt we'll ever know, not at least until Hamilton retires from F1.

I think Lewis wanted to be taken seriously, wanted to make a difference but always at McLaren he would be the child prodigy, almost patronisingly so. That's how it seems to me anyway. He would have had more chance of a championship next year at McLaren, that chance will pass to Button. I think Lewis wants more than that, he wants a bigger part of it.

It is hard to say whether Lewis wants that more than some other drivers I realise that some drivers are content with just being in F1 and taking advantage of all the trappings it brings (Irvine was one of that breed and Kimi will only stay for as long as it amuses him to do so.) but a lot of them want to make a mark on the sport as I'm sure Lewis does but is his hunger greater then some others? That I just don't know....

Back
Top Bottom