Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

sushifiesta that makes sobering reading. What a calamitous list.
I hope he has success with Ross Brawn & Mercedes.
Both he and McLaren were talking this week of 'doors left open', 'gap years' & 'returning home' so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lewis back at McLaren some time in the future.
I'd love to have seen him at Red Bull in a Newey car on an equal footing to Seb (except I'm not sure how equal it would be in reality).
Actually for the good of the sport I think the FIA should move Newey to HRT/Caterham/Marussia* & see how he manages on a shoestring budget...but I digress...
*delete as appropriate

I think we'll see Hamilton at Red Bull. Seb must surely get to the point very soon that he'll want a new challenge and Ferrari seem ready and waiting to give him that! He and Hamilton in the same team sounds worse than Hamilton/Alonso now...

Apparently Lewis has been bumped off in the crap 'tooned' nonsense...
Maybe it's a case of...you know too much about us....we'll always be friends & you'll always be welcome.....but you are dead.

Hamilton/Raikkonen at Mclaren 2016
drooling_homer-712749.gif2.png

I really hope that Mercedes can give him a competitive car, if not for 2013 then for 2014, but I just know that with Hamilton's luck Jenson is going to run away with the WDC next year.

Jenson is going to run away with the WDC next year, only if Mclaren produces a car next season that at no time will be either problematic or uncompetitive, because as he said.... " Lewis is very good. Even if the car is not perfect, he makes more of the opportunities than I do. I, on the other hand, feel uncomfortable if a car that does not meet my wishes or ideas. If i can't find the optimal setup, I find it difficult to drive extremely fast lap times. "

This is a problem for Jenson, and could be a stumbling block for Button to be able and runaway with the 2013 WDC.

I read somewhere that McLaren make the drivers do as many as 70 PR days per year while Lewis might only have 25 at Mercedes. I'm struggling to understand how they could fit that much in with all the travel they also have to do - it must take it's toll :coffee:

Indeed.
It's a crazy amount and must take away from the drivers' time for training, exercise, working with the engineers, etc.
Not to mention what little personal time they get with their friends and families.

I don't believe they get extra for it though Road of Bones, it's part of their contracted duties.

So yes, while they may get paid millions, they don't get any additional millions for the 70+ PR engagements.

Hamilton seems to be on a win-win with moving to Mercedes: more money, less PR engagements and he's not going to win any less WDCs than he has over the past 4 years ;)

Back
Top Bottom