Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Think has Mum and Dad have been about more this season and since Anthony stopped managing other drivers he has been able to be there for him. Everyone needs emotional support, just look at the array of WAGS and parents hanging about in the pits and paddock these days.

Most of the time when I go karting I go alone. On two occasions I have had a friend come along and watch and take photos trackside. On both of those occasions I have found extra consistency and pace which have converted to my two best results. I can't put my finger on what it is but it certainly is something.

Random fact

2009 - 1
2010 - 2
2011 - 3
2012 - 4
2013 - 7

Shame Hamilton didn't manage to get third in the Championship as he woulda had '5' on his car and had a straight run of numbers on his car, not quite going in the best direction though!

I didn't notice much difference when I was doing professional karting with family there or not.

I won and lost either way, although, when my dad finally came to see me at a race, I crashed, broke my leg, and ended my career.

Think it just works for different people, seems to help Hamilton and Button a lot, judging by their comments.

If I was a WAG or parent of the driver I'd be in the garage every race whether they like it or not! As I'm unlikely to be a WAG that is my sole reason for ever wanting a child.

Somehow, I doubt Lewis cares a fig what number is on his car......unless he's superstitious about numbers. Drivers do tend to be superstitious over funny things, like their pants.

I know, it was tongue in cheek. Something tells me neither Rosberg nor Hamilton would care. I think it would be a nice gesture to give Rosberg the lower number.

I would guess that depends on whether as a driver you have a preference or feel comfortable on one side rather than the other.. One is further up the pit-lane, I suppose.

The one who is further up the pit lane also has further to get to it. That might be a disadvantage with a puncture or a broken wing. Not that either of those will affect Hamilton any more now that he is at Mercedes.:)

Back
Top Bottom