Schumacher Injured

If that journalist had managed to get in and take a picture the picture would have been worth thousand upon thousands of pounds maybe as much as 30 thousand maybe more if Micheal doesn't make it, the reason it would be worth so much is because people buy the shit they pedal it is a case of supply and demand if the demand wasn't there then the cockroaches would be out of work..

Last edited:
er - in danger of going off piste myself, but are you saying that since there is a market for stolen goods it's OK to be a thief?

I say there's only one acceptable treatment for papparazzi and that's to make sure you don't trap your fingers between the bricks!

Good luck Michael... with no caveats

If that were the case then it wouldn't be the police looking at the helmet it would the manufactures and there are dozens of helmet designs out there for skiers and they are not compulsory head gear whilst skiing, it's not like riding a motorcycle in England. So no I'm sorry it is just not necessary for the police to do this as there is no foul play involved and they would not be doing it if it were not for the case that it is someone famous who has been injured, it is just bullshit for public relations purposes I don't need to know the ins and outs of what happened even if the helmet was faulty then it is still just an accident unless someone wants to point the finger at Michael for not having replaced it, the only thing of any concern is that he gets better...

"It was just an unfortunate accident there is nothing to be gained by picking it apart....." - I would suggest the converse Mephistopheles and expect that it is perfectly normal and routine procedure as part of any accident investigation where a serious injury or fatality has occurred. Just as physical evidence and eye witness statements are routinely gathered here in the UK in similar circumstances it would be required in the eventuality that civil or criminal proceedings might ensue. Indeed, in the worst case scenario such evidence will need to have been collected, protected and analysed for an inquest.

Edit: It would also be a bit strange to not investigate the accident because of who the casualty is would be every bit as selective and/or prejudicial for, or against, the casualty and their relatives and friends.

Last edited:
So Fenderman your suggestion is that every skiing accident and every other accident that causes serious injuries or death that happens on a daily basis throughout the entire world is investigated to the nth degree by the police?

That's fine if that is what you chose to believe but I don't buy it because all I ever hear is "The police are not treating it as suspicious and are taking no further action." unless someone famous is involved of course.

It's bullshit and you know it...

The fact is people are interested in this case and maybe some of them are even fascinated by it and so other people do stuff to fan the fire especially journalist and nobody wants to be found guilty of not playing their part and that includes the police the accident isn't even a police matter FFS or are obvious unfortunate accidents part of the police forces mandate these days....?

Call me cynical if you like, loads of people do but this is the society we live in nothing gets looked at unless it makes the news...

Last edited:
Please take my comment in context Mephistopheles . Perhaps i should have said "It would also be a bit strange to not investigate Schumacher's accident" instead of "It would also be a bit strange to not investigate the accident".
I did state "as part of any accident investigation where a serious injury or fatality has occurred". I am not suggesting that every nation on the planet has the will or resources to investigate every single accident let alone to the nth degree. Of course the decision to investigate will be a subjective one depending on where and with whom such decision making rests. I would be surprised though if any serious accident at a tourist facility in a developed European country did not attract at least a cursory examination.

Even "looking at Schumacher's helmet camera" is not as big a deal as it's being made out to be. The depth of any investigation will depend on the severity of the consequences and the availability or otherwise of evidence and witnesses.
I suggest that local newspapers are a good indication of how seriously or otherwise authorities in different places deal with the day to day mishaps of their citizens. The extent of coverage in national or international media is not necessarily a reflection of how things are dealt with at a local level. That national or international media discriminates between the famed and wealthy individuals and the inconspicuous and poor is a given. Leaving distortions of narratives by political or commercial interests aside, millions of people "knowing" someone through their exploits or impact on the national or World stage shapes the media attention.

Finally, I may mean something to those who know me but 7 billion people don't know I exist and couldn't care less what happens to me. That's my fault for not getting famous LOL

Finally, I may mean something to those who know me but 7 billion people don't know I exist and couldn't care less what happens to me. That's my fault for not getting famous LOL

-----------------------------------------------

Well, since this is an internet forum on the worldwide web of which you are a member, you are probably a hell of a lot more famous than your closing sentence implies. ;)

I don't really see the relevance of looking at the helmet camera, it's looking forward down the slope, not backward at the accident. What on earth do they hope to prove?

Schumachers press officer has told German reporters that the family handed the helmet camera to police to help investigate the accident.

I don't really see the relevance of looking at the helmet camera, it's looking forward down the slope, not backward at the accident. What on earth do they hope to prove?

The footage is part of an ongoing investigation into an accident, that is why it is important. This investigation could lead to a civil law process against the operator of the piste if it proves that he is in any way liable for the accident. It could also prove that Schumacher was acting carelessly. This is also the reason why his son and his sons friend, who were witnesses of the accident, were interviewed by the police.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that skiers ski at there own risk, you can't play the blame game for everything that happens in life, (Nobody made Michael go off piste.) although some cultures would like too and love pointing the finger an' gettin' the 'ol compo claim in motion especially America and Italy and unfortunately it is invading our culture as well.

Sometimes shit just happens...

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that skiers ski at there own risk, you can't play the blame game for everything that happens in life nobody made Michael go off piste although some cultures would like too especially America and Italy and unfortunately it is invading our culture as well.

Sometimes shit just happens...

Of course you can play the blame game. That is why we have a lovely breed of people called lawyers. :D

So far it is unclear if he left the piste on purpose or involuntary due to the condition of the piste.
At the moment it could also be a fault of his kit, as far as I know it was not his and only hired.

Last edited:
It's possible the off-piste section wasn't clearly marked. It doesn't look terribly obvious from the pictures I've seen. Also they can maybe use this to prevent someone else doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom