Schumacher Injured

Just to point out that it's an induced coma, so kind of like a heavy anaesthetic. I hope and I'm sure he will pull through.

I'm just saying he's getting the best care possible and being there will make no difference to the outcome of course his wife should be by his side but not all and sundry and so I am not surprised he was turned away..

Last edited:
Normally news about famous people don't really bother me at all. But in this case I am just sad. I really hope that I don't wake up tomorrow reading that he didn't make it.
The fact that his wife is speaking at the press conference seems worrying to me

He has had emergency neuro-surgery, so whatever the precise extent of his head injuries is, they're not gonna improve overnight.
Me, I'm hoping we'll be told he is at least stable, because as bad as it sounds to say it, it's probably the best we can hope for right now...

Last edited:
Let's face it, all we can do is speculate at the moment- insufficient data to draw any conclusions.

Personally, I hope he makes it. I was never a big fan of his, but I grew to respect (and even like) him by the end of his career.

Be well, Michael!

I assume the reports we are receiving in New Zealand are the same as in the UK.
The reports here state he arrived at the second hospital in Grenoble in a coma and suffered a hemorrhage. I think it can be safely assumed surgery would have been to release pressure on the brain. There's been no reports over here of his coma being induced.
Think the best people. To help, I used to race Class 4 Karts along with a close friend. We both had our share of accidents, often during road races, he had a shocker, a full month in a coma (not induced). We're both still here and shoot Small Bore Prone, much safer. He's completely unaffected and is as silly as he's always been.

Is it a similar kind of head injury to Massa in 2009?

Just reading the BBC was struck by some similarities - not that I think racing drivers all suffer similar injuries.
I don't think so teabagyokel, Massa's was a penetrative injury where the spring shattered the skull, this sounds like severe impact causing swelling though I'm only doing what everyone else is, trying to read between the lines but I don't think this is penetrative like the Massa accident. :teary:

Back
Top Bottom