Nigel Mansell

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by The Artist....., Aug 15, 2011.

1. Vortex

Vortex Race Winner

Sigh..

Slyboogy and RasputinLives like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I must have taken a wrong turn, I thought this thread was about Nigel Mansell?

Slyboogy likes this.
  4. Vortex

Vortex Race Winner

me too! misleading innit! lol

Slyboogy likes this.
  5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    There is now a thread to discuss drivers who moved from Indy cars to F1 and back again.

http://cliptheapex.com/threads/from-indy-cars-to-f1-and-back-again.3659/

gethinceri likes this.
  6. Vortex

Vortex Race Winner

Lol, the last few posts make little sense now the other posts have been removed, but the thread overall makes more sense now than it did before haha.

Anyway, Nigel Mansell….

7. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

Great interview with Nigel Mansell:

Fenderman likes this.
  8. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Nigel Mansell

For ****s sake safari spell checker doesn't even recognize the name Nigel or Mansell don't those names exist in the good ol US of A?

And a two world summation,, Boring Git....

9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Is that really an interview lasting over an hour? With Mansell? I may pass on it.

10. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Today, 20 years ago, Mansell finally wins the title. One of the first to congratulate him, Senna in the podium "Well done, Nigel. It’s such a good feeling, isn’t it?"

Galahad and gethinceri like this.
  11. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

He also told Mansell to enjoy it whilst he could as he (Senna)intended taking it back again in 1993.

Olivier likes this.
  12. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Happy belated birthday to Il Leone. He's now 60 :birthday:

32 Grand Prix with the Scuderia, 3 wins, not many but memorable nevertheless.

ZakspeedYakspeed likes this.
  13. Westy

Westy Pole Sitter

I am currently working on a Tamiya model of Mansell's '89 Ferrari. He is still one of my favorite drivers and I will always have great memories watching his career.

Red 5 always gets my blood pumping for racing.

14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Only 3 wins for Ferrari but all quite memorable. His first race for them in a car that they didn't expect to last for more than 5 lap, a win from stupidly far back in Hingary and a win where he nearly pushed his world championship contender team mate off the track at the start.

People may think he was a bit dull off the track but he never lacked for excitment on it!

15. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Nigel is probably the only driver in the history of the sport to drop pearls of blood on the top step of the podium after somehow managing to cut himself on the edges of his winner's trophy (Rio 1989)... :D There is something hilariously in keeping with his persona encapsulated in the anecdote..

teabagyokel likes this.
  16. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    well this has not got many psots but maybe if Nige was still driving now he would show everyone what a wuss they were in wheel to wheel racing and passing without using the DRS or KERS

Fenderman likes this.
  17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives

Former Lotus Boss Peter Warr thought Nige was full of himself and would not admit he was paranoid or just not good enough as he was fed up with Nige's whingeing about something wrong with the car always

18. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

Nigel was surely right, when he said, " drivers are not jockeys. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24568089

F1ang-o likes this.
  19. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    There are two things in Mansell's rant that I find both deeply ironic and hysterically funny:

1) His claim that there wasn't traction control in his day. Did a senior moment make him forget that the only championship he won was at the wheel of the the F1 car with the most driver aids in history, including traction control, pitch and yaw control (via active suspension), anti-lock brakes etc?

2) That the driver complaining about weight limits is the only driver I ever heard of that had a backside so huge he couldn't wedge it into a car he was supposed to drive

teabagyokel and F1Yorkshire like this.
  20. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    For most of Mansell's career they didn't have those driver aids. In making the point that drivers needed a bit of bulk, I doubt that he was thinking much about his last few years in the sport. As far as fitting into that McLaren was concerned. It was not just his butt that didn't fit. Neither did his back, shoulders and legs. In those days he wasn't fat, he was just plain big. Mock him if you must but he was making a valid point in support of bigger drivers like Hulkenberg.

McZiderRed and Lewywo4 like this.
  21. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fenderman,

There has always been size disparity. Compare Dan Gurney vs Jimmy Clark or Jackie Stewart. Did Dan whine about it?

The weight limit is going up 50kg. How much more would Nige consider enough? As the smaller drivers' cars would have to have ballast added, would Nige demand that it be located above the engine? After all, placing it in the bottom of the car wouldn't address the weight distribution problem, would it?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice