Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

It's the Hamilton vs Rosberg thread not the Hamilton vs Button thread, that's my issue yet some harboured resentment over the comparisons is being carried over from that thread into this one, and the Button vs Perez, and the Hamilton thread.

You are the guys that were particularly ****ed off with it last year yet you are the guys keeping it going. Why?

Pot-kettle with some of my posts?

RickD

I think it's undeniable to say that, as with JB last year, Hamilton's race at Barcelona was a combination of car, driver and tyres. LH has not suddenly become shit, just as JB hadn't suddenly become shit last year. I'm not going to criticise him for something which is clearly not (entirely?) his making - neither should you. If you feel that were the situation reversed that there would be criticism flying, it is much more satisfying to take the moral high ground!

Hamberg - just because JB is brought into a conversation, doesn't mean that it's necessarily being brought in to a LH vs JB argument... there is often a lot to be said about contextualisation. Similarly on the JB vs SP thread, it's often worth bringing Hamilton into the discussion, to add context to their battles.

I wonder how Rosberg would have done up against Lewis in a Mclaren, does anyone think it would be the same or slightly more favoured to Lewis?

Much more favoured to Lewis in my opinion. Nico is driving brilliantly at the moment, but I think Lewis adjusting to a new team and a new car for the first time could easily be worth a couple of tenths.

Yeah, I agree with sushifiesta. I think if Rosberg had joined Hamilton at McLaren this year it would take him a while to adapt to his way of driving the car. The Mercedes has had 2 years of Rosbergs technical input so of course it will take time for some of Hamilton's feedback to help develop a car alongside his driving style.

Well, they're 3-3 in qualifying and Lewis has had the upper hand in all the races apart from Spain and possibly Malaysia depending on your view point regarding the fuel saving (considering Rosberg was behind Lewis in the races he had retirements) Mephistopheles so despite Nico's stunning recent form I don't really see how he's being beaten by "yet" (apart from his poor year in 2011 he's never been beaten) another teammate.

Despite only just coming back from his injury Massa was close to Alonso in the first third of 2010 (finished ahead of Alonso in 4 of the first 7 races) and it took Vettel until the last day of the same season to beat Webber. Both of them are now considered far better than their team mates. I thought Hamilton would have a harder time against Rosberg this year than people expected but I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that Hamilton is more likely to gain on Rosberg than the other way round. Only time will tell.

Anyway, this is deteriorating in to a different thread. Rosberg has been on it all weekend so far and Lewis really does need to knuckle down if he wants to beat him going in to the race tomorrow and beyond.

My issue is with bitter button fans taking a pop at any opportunity but hey ho...

Rosberg has always been very quick and his qualifying pace never surprises me. I believe he is more capable than anybody in getting to as near a perfect lap as possible. Where he needs to up his game is in the race, he always seems to go backwards. He has the capability to challenge without a shadow of a doubt. As good as Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton? Not sure yet but ruling him out isn't wise either.

Back
Top Bottom