Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

The majority of the extra spend for 2009 went on the KERS which was never used, so the difference is probably not as great now as you might think. also, despite all the investment, it was only when they got the direction from Ross Brawn that they turned it into something really good.

Point being there was lots of money and they'd probably been concentrating on the major rule change for the past two years whereas the front runners of '08 had titles to fight for.

Thus they moved up the order, then with less money (surely they didn't have any coming in during '09) and a cut size work force, the big names caught up. They just haven't got it right since then.

and my point is that they likely did not spend as much on 2009 minus the KERS as they did in 2011 and 2012, and likely 2013 too. 2010 I agree, as they were being conservative in the design to ensure the teams continued participation in F1. After the buyout, they put a lot of effort in to 2011, again in 2012, and again in 2013, they have certainly gone all out with the signings.

Though to be fair, they are missing the rule change.

I remember an interview with Button where he said Honda basically wrote of 2007 and 2008 and spent the 2 years designing the 2009 car.

So, Lewis got annihilated by his team mate this weekend and all the talk is about tyres? Are you all afraid to voice the opinion that they both had the same amount of tyres at the beginning of the weekend, or is that just for other drivers and teams?
I think some people would be delighted if Lewis fans got upset at Rosberg's performance. Well as a hard case Lewis fan I'm not. And Im not blaming the tyres for Rosberg beating Lewis(I'm blaming them for making a mockery of racing, but not for Rosberg beating Lewis). Rosberg , for whatever reason....better use of tyres.....better set up......better understanding of the Mercedes.....poor day for Lewis, was just better.
I don't know if this desire to see Hamilton fans in uproar and looking for excuse for Lewis is a throwback to the Button/ Lewis situation? Well it's a completely different situation. Rosberg is solid, and that he beats Lewis sometimes is good for both drivers and for Mercedes.

racecub. I think what he's getting at is that when Button had similar issues last season, he was lambasted as a waste of space (despite having beaten Hamilton earlier in the season)... But no-one's really coming out and criticising Hamilton now...

It was meant to be dismissive. There is a pattern emerging with certain posters bringing everything back to a certain driver. And for once it's not the Hamilton camp.

I thought this was the Hamilton vs Rosberg thread not the Hamilton vs thread.

The Artist..... - Well, I just like to point out the double standards that abound around here. Last year, Button was "shit.. Slow.. shouldn't be in that seat.. etc..", that was only after the first time this happened. I know this won't happen in Monaco, but Canada is going to be dire for those Mercedes unless they get on top of it by then.

If/when Lewis gets lapped in Canada, what wil happen on this forum? How many excuses will be trotted out? Especially if Nico doesn't get lapped..

Whats the problem with that Hamberg? This is a discussion about 2 drivers, the fact that a third had the same issues last year is relevant.

Pot - Kettle springs to mind, especially with some of your posts.

Last year Button was shit and slow for a large part of the season after being in the team for 2 seasons, this year Hamilton has been shit and slow for 1 race after being in the team for 3 races. There's a certain difference there, but I don't think you'll see it.

Back
Top Bottom