Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Lewis wasn't particularly quick at Spa on Friday and Saturday morning, however he hadn't appeared to hold anything back on any of the previous rounds. Lewis has often been substantially quicker than Nico on a Friday, even in Spain he was 4 tenths quicker in FP2.

Rosberg i thought had a good race although kimi accidently kind of ruined his because having to go around kimi meant massa & bottas could jump him but at nico pit stop the gap was about 25 secs off lewis & until his engine blew it remained at around that gap, so showed in clear nico could keep up with lewis (but depends how easy lewis was racing)

but i would say though that the engine failure now means the its out of rosbergs hands now & he has got to rely on 2 of following a DNF. wet qualifying/race to mix up the grid/results or lewis having a repeat of hungary because on its own a 38 pt gap is far too much i feel in the form lewis is in. but hey if lewis has some dreadful look in back to back flyaways singapore & japan (i really hope not) then within a week he could go from miles off to level with 5 races left.

Hamilton was a rookie in 2007, he's a very different person now in and out of the car. I can't see anyone touching him in the foreseeable future, unless another driver is lucky enough to find himself with a significant car advantage. Even with equal cars he's untouchable at present and even now he still may not have peaked. It's a pleasure to watch.

I'm eager to see whever he is untouchable in current form but I don't think we'll find that out until a top draw driver gets equiptment with similar capabilities.

I'm afraid thats not Nico. Sorry.

Grizzly I'd say Alonso was at his peak 2010-2012 the Ferrari was not the best and somehow he could get the car in between the Red Bulls and Mclaren and beat them occasionally as well

Hamilton did admit he was just so fast and consistent every lap

I seem to have started something here. My posting was not about when Alonso was at his peak, I was just suggesting that even Alonso at his best would have trouble beating Hamilton in his current form.

To be honest its Vettel vs Hamilton I want to see. They are the only 2 top draw drivers left who haven't peaked.

Well there are potentially others but they haven't had chance to prove it yet.

exactly that why im looking forward to next yr if Sergio Marchionne is correct & is a statement of intent next year's "completely re-designed" car, because would be great to have our 1st genuine title battle since 2008 especially hamilton v vettel who now are 2 best drivers on grid at moment now alonso is now at bottom of grid. as since if a title when down to the final race its because the superior car had reliability problems (bar 2009 which was financial problems)

Back
Top Bottom